• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Still no fix for 8-Series Geforce Stutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmut_AUT

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2005
It's been literary months since a few people, including me, reported problems with Geforce Cards 8xxx on Win XP, resulting in lagging/stuttering gameplay even with steady 60FPS, especially indoors. This didn't seem to concern Vista users, and I'm not sure if 9xxx card users also experience these problems. It was put down to a rather well known problem of UT-Engine based games and Nvidia drivers.

Tripwire and Nvidia had both been contacted directly, and certainly Tripwire people have taken notice of these topics here. There even was some talk about "testing a fix".

However, I can't find any final resolution to this problem here at the boards. Has this been solved, and if not, why not? It's laughable that my 8600GTS does worse than a 7600GT. The latest drivers from Nvidia do not solve this issue, so has Tripwire been able to solve it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.