• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steyr Mannlicher problems

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Hi guys

In a month or 3, my new license will be a-okay in wich i can go shooting back.

I am gonna register several bolt action rifles this time=
-A mosin nagant
-lee enfield
-Swedish mauser
-K31

And my 2 beloved steyr mannlichers. I showed my long steyr before and a short one(Stutzen).(Both are M95/30 chamberd for the 8x56mmR.The gunstore appearntly now has both new Pvri 8x56R as origenal surplus from WW2 and after.

As you can, a excellent condition rifle! Perfectly reblued, fully serial matched

But there is a problem with it. I bought 5 Demill 8x56 rounds to test my mannlicher system. The long steyr has little problems chambering rounds. But my short one...Getting the round in the chamber is a nightmare, extracting them even worse. 2 rounds go in well, but 2 others can be very difficult. The mannlicher clip falls out as it is supposed to

Could this be a problem of my rifle? or the deco rounds i bought?

I took some photo's of the chamber and the extractor, should anyone see a problem
m95001.jpg

m95002.jpg

m95003.jpg

m95004.jpg

m95005.jpg

get a light up into that chamber with the bolt out and make sure there is no oil or soemthing in there. Second do you have any reloading dies in 8x56r? If so and if these rounds are just empty cases then take one of the cases that doesnt fit, pop the tip out, spray the case with some wd40 ( or use real lube, if the case wont be reloaded then wd40 is ok; dont use for real reloading as it neutralizes primers ) resize the case in the sizing die, try again.

alternatively see if you can find some 'snap caps' in 8x56r.

I make and sell some demilled rounds just for looks, often the cases are NOT RESIZED. That's because these are for looks, and it also saves time in the process.

Upvote 0