• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam or retail?

Vonreuter

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2006
Well, seeing that I get a discount for owning RO1, I'm tempted to get a digital version, but then existing only as a mark on my Steam account isn't something RO2 deserves in my mind.

So, I ask you:

Why should/n't I get the Steam version now? What are the goodies I get for buying early compared to waiting for the retail version? Are there any goodies in the retail box?

Plus, I doubt I can play very early on, since I have something very important and time-consuming on my schedule, so I might wait a few months for the retail version to become cheaper.

Any incentive for me to buy early/now? Sorry for asking the obvious, but my time-consuming and very important "something" has already started.

Cheers to all those who know me from RO1. It was a fabulous war.

Well, seeing that I get a discount for owning RO1, I'm tempted to get a digital version, but then existing only as a mark on my Steam account isn't something RO2 deserves in my mind.

So, I ask you:

Why should/n't I get the Steam version now? What are the goodies I get for buying early compared to waiting for the retail version? Are there any goodies in the retail box?

Plus, I doubt I can play very early on, since I have something very important and time-consuming on my schedule, so I might wait a few months for the retail version to become cheaper.

Any incentive for me to buy early/now? Sorry for asking the obvious, but my time-consuming and very important "something" has already started.

Cheers to all those who know me from RO1. It was a fabulous war.

go for steam with 20% and TW get more money so support them plus you get beta and Patch support!

Upvote 0