• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STEAM is the bane of my existance.

HKslan

Apr 13, 2006
Yesterday, I decided I wanted to buy Red Orchestra. My credit card was declined, and STEAM told me that my bank had a 'hold' on my funds, of which it did not. I tried again, several times throughout the day. I even made a new STEAM account to try to buy it on.

So I contacted my bank, and by the next morning, they had sent me a response telling me they were sorry for the inconvenience and that it had been fixed. Great.

I get back on STEAM today, and I try to buy Red Orchestra again. They tell me that my credit card has been used too many times, and that fraudulence was expected. .. WHAT?

The error details that if I really want the game, to use another credit card. Boy would I, if it wasn't for the fact that this is my only credit card.

So I've sent them, STEAM, an e-mail, hoping that they can relieve my credit card of this limiting. I haven't heard back from them yet, and I'm not sure I will for the rest of the day. If not, that'll be the third day I've been trying to buy Red Orchestra.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Did it get resolved? How long did it take? :confused:

Thorpy said:
Happened to me, they said my bank was the problem. Gays.
Lol. You eventually got the game though, I'm assuming. So they're going to tell me to tell my bank to tell them to forget about the excess of attempts to buy the game? What an ordeal.

Yoshiro said:
Usually only takes a few days to clear up support tickets to my knowledge.
Oh. So that means I'll just wait a few days and the whole exceeding thing will be cleared? That's unfortunate. I'm glad I'll be able to get the game PERIOD, but I'd like to be able to get it sooner. 'Guess it's not in the cards.

Upvote 0
Nah.

Nah.

gonzman said:
If all else fails, wait until the boxed version is handy and buy that instead.

Not possible. At least, it wouldn't be handy. I'm in Mexico at the moment, in this touristy location with no game stores that carry PC games, unless you want to take a 3 hour drive to another city. Even then, it'd probably take them a little while to get a shipment of RO:OST in. :mad:

That's why I thought STEAM would be so convenient. Of course I have a STEAM account with various games, but only because I picked up a retail version of Half-Life 2. I had never bought a game through it.

But, alas. Not convenient at all, thus far.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
make sure your address is EXACTLY the same the your card statement.

I bought the game for 4 clan members, and I had to get steam to authorise each one seperately (as it wouldn't let me use the card again)...Steam support were very quick at authorising the payment for each account, so i have no complaints.

So its possible to buy the game several times with the same credit card? Interesting because i know this "credit card is already in use" problem....
Im from Europe and i have 3 Friends without a credit card and they cant find the game in a shop but would like to buy it.
What did you do? Did you contact the Steam Support first? Some hints would be very helpful.

TW would do good to kickass their Publisher because they are doing a really bad job. Like i said in the past...its easyer to kill a T34 with stone than to buy the game without a credit card :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Brandl said:
TW would do good to kickass their Publisher because they are doing a really bad job. Like i said in the past...its easyer to kill a T34 with stone than to buy the game without a credit card :rolleyes:

The game isn't released in most of the Europe...yet. In here, Finland, we get retail game in next week. Release date seems to be 21.4.06.
Might take two weeks, as I don't know is that date the "official" one, or just a date when that specific shop stocks these games.

Upvote 0
Not trying to repeat what the other guys said, but I had the same prob because I was using my current address and hadnt changed my cc billing address. And after I got that fixed I typed the wrong zip code and was given the fraud message. Everything has to be entered exactly as it is on your cc bill. Hope ya get it fixed, it really is a blast.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Well, super.

This marks the 4th day I've tried to buy Red Orchestra. I haven't heard back from STEAM yet, and I still get the "u used ur crediat crd 2 excesivly lol" error. This means I won't be purchasing it in the near future.

It's a shame, too. It looked really fun. Thanks for your help anyways, everyone.

Upvote 0