• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam gifting revision

Apparently Gabe said a while ago that he wants to implement some kind of import option so (for example Germans) can buy other versions of games.

So far I have heard nothing further about this and I think that's a shame.:(

It would eliminate the need for gifting in that sense.

I have a friend in America who I hold very very very dear and I would like to be able to exchange the occasional gift with her! As long as this "taking actions" only applies to huge shop-like sellers/gifters I really don't care one way or another though.

Upvote 0
So I, as an American, can no longer buy and gift European friends Steam games? :confused: Really dumb. So now if I want to buy a European friend a Steam game from Steam directly I have to sign into their account? :rolleyes: Though I guess Valve probably has restrictions on that as well.

I have a friend in America who I hold very very very dear and I would like to be able to exchange the occasional gift with her! As long as this "taking actions" only applies to huge shop-like sellers/gifters I really don't care one way or another though.

Exactly how I am. Wouldn't mind buying a friend of mine who lives in Europe an game when it goes on sale occasionally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0