• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Christmas Sale Thread

I'm playing Sword of Damocles atm (just check out the forum it's one of the major mods). Be warned though it's hard as hell.

Basically gives a "purpose" to the game, you have to raise an army to defeat an invading "legion" that comes late in the game. To do that involves conquering and uniting the existing kingdoms so you can raise a huge army. Also adds 4 races and a lot of badass units and some religions to the game too.

There's other mods that are more strictly story based like a classic RPG but this is great for me.

Like I said though Hegemony looks like it will be awesome too.

Tried it (Sword of Damocles) and now I am pissed how many time I put into it (probably a few hours every day over the last two weeks). I got my own kingdom, 2 cities a few villages and a castle AND I CAN'T FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE ENOUGH MONEY!

I don't know what's wrong or if it is supposed to be that way. Maybe me being an atheist was a bad decision (then they shouldn't give you that freaking option). Anyway, my heart broke when I had to let all my awesome cavalry go and still I make like 1000 denars from my fiefs but have to spend more than 5000 to keep up my (forced) garrison and my (single) castle.

So all I could do is keep raiding villages and caravans... I'm a freaking king dammit. It's just plain boring now.

Now I remember why I never really finished the vanilla game.

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention as well, I actually bought STALKER: Clear Sky too, for $3.00. Even at that price though I feel completely ripped off. This game is a bucket full of pig ****, it takes all that was good about the original and destroys it.

I have just gotten to the cordon level, you enter it through a tunnel that comes out near the army base and are told to sneak past them. Well there's problem number one, sneaking doesn't work. You literally have fences blocking your left and right and have no way to go except straight down towards the army base and then left around the fence line. I take three steps out of the tunnel in pitch black darkness, in crouch, going slowly, and I hear, "Stalker detected!!! Open fire!!!" on the loudspeaker, and then am promptly drilled instantly by a machine gun. It happens over and over again, the AI spots me from ridiculous range in the dead of night and insta kills me.

Add this to the list of annoyances, graphical glitches and crashes and it is pathetic. I wish I had a physical copy of this game so I could take a **** on the disk and mail it back to GSC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0