• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Status update

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are running some additional checks for fixes we are putting in our latest server build with our gsp partners now. If all goes well we will be pushing out the information (and making it possible) for GSP's or anybody who wants to host a server to grab the files and get started in the near future.

We recommend all interested parties join our admin mailing list to make sure they don't miss any updates.

Excellent! I also have a couple of boxes that I'm very eager to get KF2 servers set up on.

Have there been any reports from GSPs currently running the KF2 servers regarding resource usage? The two boxes I'm going to set up for KF2 first are both E3-1230v3's with 32gb RAM - I'm hoping that I can run 8 instances on each server, but I'd be okay with less if it's really resource-intensive.

Upvote 0
    Quoting announcement from mailing list

John Gibson said:
    Machine Specs:

- We don't have solid machine specs for the servers yet, and will get more info during the beta

- Current tests show the CPU usage is about 50% higher than a Killing Floor 1 server (lots more going on in KF2 including physics objects), but utilizes about 1/3 the CPU usage of a Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm 64 player server. That is with tests done on an Intel E3 1270 @ 3.4GHZ.

- Currently each server instance uses about 1 GB of Ram. We're working to get this lower, but no guarantees, so stay tuned.

- Servers will require a 64 bit OS.
    - We don't have good data on bandwidth usage to share yet, but that should come out of the beta.

- We don't have final data of what the file footprint on a dedicated server will be yet.

I assume it is on Windows servers.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0