• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats not saving is not that simple (A detailed first-hand account)

Here is one more that may deserve some attention.
sniper.jpg

Upvote 0
I noticed this too - I completed one or two Axis campaign maps, and got the "complete the whole campaign" for the current skill, and the one below. When playing tonight, I got the "campaign completed!" screen flash up quickly, just before the second tutorial mission (sqaud command) was started, i.e. still pretty close to the beginning of that campaign.

i got this aswell http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996908340/s

Upvote 0
Update: Played two matches after the patch (though I know it didn't address stats)

Match 1: Non-TWI server, no stats saved

Match 2: TWI server, stats saved correctly

Both times, I waited for the match to finish AND for the new map to load. I'll try some more TWI servers and see what happens.

Note: For those that DO get progression, perhaps note the server name/location. I will try and do the same.

Upvote 0
Update 2

Update 2

Update 2:

Checked my profile stats before playing: 84 Kills 69 Deaths

Played on TWI, Atlanta #2 for a few minutes. Registered 2 kills and 2 deaths. Then, I left the match early before it ended. Checked my profile:

85 Kills 70 Deaths, when it should have said 86 Kills 71 Deaths.

I'm positive I had two kills. I saw them die. I saw the update at the top-right of the screen AND I checked the scoreboard before I left the server.

So, this confirms a few things:

* You do NOT have to wait until a match is over for stats to update.
* Not all stats from a single match are recorded properly (in this case).

Since stats aren't ONLY updated at the end of a match (illustrated above), then how are they supposed to be recorded? Either they are (1) recorded real-time, or (2) they are updated when you leave a match, or (3) updated after some time interval, such as every minute or every 5 minutes.

Hopefully some of this helps TWI narrow it down.

Upvote 0
I agree with all the observations above.

My stats pretty much stay around 0 for everything even though I've racked up 13 hours on ranked servers.

I'd also like to add that I've noticed that AVT40 progress is erroneously added to the SVT40. Also the drum mag is listed as an unlock for the Mosin Nagant. Isn't that a mistake left over from alpha?

I'd also like to share some possible causes of stats issues, none of these are confirmed:

Possible: - Stats aren't being saved before the next map is loaded, when the next map is loaded it loads the stats again removing all progress made on the previous map. Also disconnecting whilst the next map is loading.

Possible: - Changing class or being auto-balanced during gameplay is not accounted for in the stats could possibly account for why people are making progress on weapons and classes which they have not used.

Possible: - Desynchronization between dedicated server/client and master stats server, mismatched versions or mismatched values or mismatched clients or failed updates or lost packets. (Assuming the stats system uses a master server for the stats)

Upvote 0
The De-sync idea is a good one considering some folks are not having issues. I should mention that I WAS in the beta and had these same issues in beta but dis-regarded it because it was.... well beta.

The numbers seem very random and I thought it was possibly just a misplaced decimal, or perhaps an incorrect variable integer, but I dont think this is the case as we all seem to be racking up tank kills for no apparent reason.

This is a very tricky bug and may take some time to figure out.

Upvote 0
Ok this is getting stupid. I just played on an official TWI server and my stats actually updated. BUT: additionally to the correct tracking of the weapons I played with I supposedly have kills with weapons I never even used before (AVT-40, DP-28), classes I only played for a few minutes and only got 1 or 2 Kills or never played at all progressed, I have 20 Tank kills according to my profile but I never destroyed a single tank after the official release...

Aaand an accuracy of 4266,66% with the scoped Kar98 (The Number of Kills is about right though):

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok this is getting stupid. I just played on an official TWI server and my stats actually updated. BUT: additionally to the correct tracking of the weapons I played with I supposedly have kills with weapons I never even used before (AVT-40, DP-28), classes I only played for a few minutes and only got 1 or 2 Kills or never played at all progressed, I have 20 Tank kills according to my profile but I never destroyed a single tank after the official release...

Aaand an accuracy of 4266,66% with the scoped Kar98 (The Number of Kills is about right though):

Same deal with me on official TWI server as well. My commander class level is almost lvl 3 with 2800+ exp, yet I have never played as a commander.

Lot of guns have over 100% accuracy too.

I'm really curious about how TWI can never see this bug themselves? Do they have some sort of super secure connection to stats keeping server?

Upvote 0