• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stats and Skill Progression - How Much in BETA

Princeps

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
New York
Given the wave of criticism and support TWI has received since the release of the final stage of closed BETA, it has been suggested that a lot of the "problems" players have with the current build (a lack of weapon sway, quick recovery from spent stamina, very fast sprinting, increased "focus" zoom) may be an effect of the recruit-hero upgrade system, and that at the moment the BETA is being played at entirely HERO stats.

I assume that if this is the case, TWI will "troll" all of those making suggestions upon release of the complete game by bringing this to light, rendering a majority of the complaints invalid due to this massive gameplay change; or, on the other hand, this is not the case, and the abilities of our digital soldiers will improve beyond what we've seen.

Regardless, if this musing of several BETA players is correct, that we are all functioning at a hero level currently, I request that TWI makes this known, so that we can all take that into consideration when making suggestions/flaming you/flaming one another/spamming/crying/etc....

Thanks and stuff,
:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Reactions: Nenjin
I assume that if this is the case, TWI will "troll" all of those making suggestions upon release of the complete game by bringing this to light, rendering a majority of the complaints invalid due to this massive gameplay change;

Yeah, rather than communicating a beta testing choice, I'm sure they'd just stay quiet to "troll" the naysayers.

I'd be like turning on god mode for a beta and failing to mention it to testers.

Upvote 0
Yeah, rather than communicating a beta testing choice, I'm sure they'd just stay quiet to "troll" the naysayers.

I'd be like turning on god mode for a beta and failing to mention it to testers.

I was going to use the phrase "for lack of a better term," but opted against it; however, I'm not inciting that TWI is doing so in a sadistic/confrontational way, rather that they explained to us that both the stats and leveling up system would be disabled, and decided the best way to "test" this, the differential, would be to do so at its maximum level.

Upvote 0
For a game whose fan base thrives on realism and information....I'd think that'd be a tactical error to not say anything. Which leads me to believe if they haven't said anything, it's not something they're actively seeking feedback on. (In the KF betas, they were pretty explicit about what they wanted people to look at.)

So yeah. It'd be nice to have an official statement....but after all the feedback threads from vets about game balance, if we were going to get a statement to that effect (hey guys, you're all playing at hero level skills in the beta), I think we would have gotten one by now.

Upvote 0
Well, either way, a confirmation of whether this is true or not would do well to continue and clear up the issues with player concerns in both directions.

There is no indication that the beta runs entirely on hero status. Quite the opposite in fact. For example players are extremely vulnerable to suppression fire, something I understand will not be the case with veteran heroes.

Upvote 0