• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stationary tanks.

I remember reading about later in the Battle of Stalingrad when the Germans ran out of fuel, they started using tanks as stationary guns, do you think it would be good idea to include this in the game?

Maybe not in retail game maps, but I believe modders can do it. There were great maps like Kriegstadt with stationary and fortified tanks in RO.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good option for mappers. To make it more authentic, the turret rotation speed should be dialed down on tanks that used electric or hydrolic turret rotation.

I think the custom maps that had these stationary tanks had to sort of "lock" the tank in artificially. You could go into the driver's spot and start up the engine, which wouldn't be an option if you're out of gas.

To make things even more interesting, the mapper could specify how much fuel the tank has (in miles it can drive), so you could have huge custom maps where fuel rationing actually matters. This system could be used to give a normal gas load, or no gas to make a tank stationary, or something in between.

If the devs really want to go crazy, the gas usage could even be carried over in multiplayer campaign mode.

Upvote 0
Get A Girlfriend Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a forum about a video game.

Sounds like a good option for mappers. To make it more authentic, the turret rotation speed should be dialed down on tanks that used electric or hydrolic turret rotation.

I think the custom maps that had these stationary tanks had to sort of "lock" the tank in artificially. You could go into the driver's spot and start up the engine, which wouldn't be an option if you're out of gas.

To make things even more interesting, the mapper could specify how much fuel the tank has (in miles it can drive), so you could have huge custom maps where fuel rationing actually matters. This system could be used to give a normal gas load, or no gas to make a tank stationary, or something in between.

If the devs really want to go crazy, the gas usage could even be carried over in multiplayer campaign mode.

Gas usage would be a good idea in and of itself.

Upvote 0
I actually like the idea but I am not sure how appropriate it would be in Stalingrad. This(picture below) was at Omaha beach but years were spent to prepare the Atlantikwall. So it might be rather something for a possible DH2 then HoS.
German_turret_at_Omaha_Beach.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Perhaps you and a bot crew could spawn inside the engineless tank at the start of the round,but if that tank is destroyed and the position is captured by the enemy,you would respawn in a normal tank.
Like this one:IS2:

You could add a few of them to a map and make them secondary objectives,though you would have to keep the total number of tanks in mind when doing so ie: you start off with 10 tanks inc. the engineless ones, but as they are destroyed they get replaced with normal tanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We did this in RO with a version of the KV2. That used a new object with disabled engine etc. Definitely possible if a modern wants to do it.
IMO Berezina was the best ever ca. map for RO, and the static tank at the bridge was a brilliant idea, making it even harder for Axis to win (as if it wasn't hard enough lol)
So could you please remake this map for RO2,and perhaps you could scatter a few static IS2's around just for me lol.

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0