• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Starting grants do not worth the same especially for SWAT. Probably need rebalance.

Aleflippy;n2308781 said:
I don't really see what the fuss is about? It's still far less than in the first game. You could make a pretty penny by starting the game with a lvl 6 berserker or sharpshooter.

Now the best you could hope to make is an extra 400+ bucks as a level 20 SWAT... That's not a really high amount, even more considering the fact SMGs spits out loads of ammo.

This is exactly what I had planned to post.. Flippy nailed it.

The advantage to starting as SWAT is nothing compared to what we had with the SS and its xbow in the first game.

Things are much more fair in KF2 - no need to mess with it IMO.

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2308913 said:
what i dont get is who actually thinks they need to do this nonsense still in order to win.....

just go demo and use only hx25 until boss wave, and then a little bit more.

More or less what you said ! Honestly, since every perk is now more fleshed out with various skills (and the fact they all spawn with their own weapon) , I don't feel it's a rule of thumb to spawn as the same perk all the time... Yeah, you might have less dosh to spend right away , but you'd still be effective.

Remember when everyone spawned as a sharpshooter in the first game to take advantage of his 9mm bonus ?

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2308893 said:
This is exactly what I had planned to post.. Flippy nailed it.

The advantage to starting as SWAT is nothing compared to what we had with the SS and its xbow in the first game.

Things are much more fair in KF2 - no need to mess with it IMO.

I know it. Surely as you said. Starting as SWAT in KF2 is a lot less advantageous than starting as SS in KF1. Much more fair.
However, I think that the developers designed the game so that every perk start with his own T1 which worths $100 (in the earlier versions, before demo is in). It can be inferred that the development team wants no more of "Start a SS" issue. Doing more balance why not.

Also, by removing the 100 spawning armor, the game balance is rarely changed at all. I reckon no one suicides for respawn bounty nowadays so when a player is kept alive the LV5 and LV20 skill of SWAT do NOT change anything regardless of removal or not of the respawn armor.

Upvote 0