• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

starcraft 2 is official *with pics*

I think it's cute how the Marines have little shields in their hands and bayonets on the ends of their star-destroying quantum plasma chain gun rifles.

Because when you get enveloped by thousands of mindless drones, trying to block their talons and stab through their exoskelotons can mean the difference between.... death and death.

I believe they copied that off Warhammer 40k and space marines.
Also copied the eldar teleportation system and that bipedal thing.

Upvote 0
They're like that to appeal to their Asian customers.

KEKE ^_________^ ZEELOT KAWAIIII BLADES

Except for that the Protoss Zealot looks pretty much like the old one, especially the blades. But oh noes, everything must've changed to stupid Asian since they got huge sales in Korea. Look how everything looks like manga.. not.

Upvote 0
That's because you couldn't make out too many details in moving objects in StarCraft. Overall I think Maschinenpistole is right.
Doesn't really matter though, because nearly everything in StarCraft is stolen already.
Warhammer 40k, Aliens, etc.

Protoss:

250px-StarCraft.front_cover.jpg

Draenei:

Draenei%20image%202.jpg

Face and skin is completely differend.
The Zealot on the SC 2 page looks a lot more like the draenei. Which is fail in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Comparing these two would be much better to see which looks like which :)

Oldie Zealot:
popup-zealot.gif

New Protoss(Not Zealot tho, but comparable):
zealotcompare1mx9.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, taking into account that second one is actually in-game render and I wouldn't expect it to look %100 like the first as it's the second game. IMO it's the World Of Warcraft'ers who should be moaning :)

Upvote 0
Face and skin is completely differend.
The Zealot on the SC 2 page looks a lot more like the draenei. Which is fail in my opinion.

Dude, you are referring to concept art. It even says so on the page. If you get the chance, take a look at concept art from SC1, it has the same comic style (afterall both are designed by Chris Metzen). Then take a look at the actual ingame graphics (as posted by Rak) and see...

Upvote 0
Dude, you are referring to concept art. It even says so on the page. If you get the chance, take a look at concept art from SC1, it has the same comic style (afterall both are designed by Chris Metzen). Then take a look at the actual ingame graphics (as posted by Rak) and see...

Why not make the characters like the artist imagined now when you can?

Upvote 0
Starcraft one didn't have the pretty graphics and was never known for it. The excellent single player games and the sci-fi theme mixed with strategy was what it was really known for. The bar has been raised now as for as graphics in strategy games but if Blizzard sticks with what made the original great, it can't go wrong.

Upvote 0
Starcraft one didn't have the pretty graphics and was never known for it. The excellent single player games and the sci-fi theme mixed with strategy was what it was really known for. The bar has been raised now as for as graphics in strategy games but if Blizzard sticks with what made the original great, it can't go wrong.

What worries me is that they said in the past few years they hadn't done anymore than theoretical work on the storyline.

They're making the multiplayer game first and creating a story/singleplayer to fit. Bad move imo. They're trying to please their obsessive Korean audience with this.

Which also irritates me...the Korean professional league doesn't WANT starcraft 2 to be different. It wants Starcraft 3D. I read an interview about how they were complaining that the game's balance initially would ruin their professional tournies and leagues. Wow...just keep playing Starcraft then.

Upvote 0