• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Stalker mod "L.U.R.K."

Just registered to say Up to now ( still in Cordon ) the weapon mods you have done seem fine by me , being knocked off my feet by a single Shotgun blast makes me think twice before rushing in. :) Will let you know about other weapons as I get hold of them thanks for the hard work

Thanks for the feedback, and i look forward to any more you may have :)

Think I might have played this mod...

I recently replayed STALKER with a nice mod. There were around 20 or so AKM colors. Tons of new weapons to (FNC and M16A1 FTW). Most were redone with proper models.

1-3 shots could kill an enemy. Enemies had grenades, you could make artifacts, blow outs, ect.

Is this the same mod?

No, that sounds more like Oblivion Lost merged with the Arsenal mod, or perhabs AMK merged with Arsenal.

Never played STALKER with a mod... Which ones do you guys recommend?

There are so many it's really impossible to say, and they range from mini-mods to big overhauls all taking the game in very different directions.

Best thing you can do is start reading the descriptions for a whole bunch of them, see what you like, and give it a try, what i think makes a good Stalker mod might not be what you want at all, so shop around ;)

Upvote 0
Hey, thanks for the reply man! :)

There are so many it's really impossible to say, and they range from mini-mods to big overhauls all taking the game in very different directions.

Best thing you can do is start reading the descriptions for a whole bunch of them, see what you like, and give it a try, what i think makes a good Stalker mod might not be what you want at all, so shop around ;)

Fair enough. I spent a couple of hours looking into all the mods I could find on fileplanet and modb.
I'm pretty much interested in the same stuff every vanilla STALKER player is- meaning bugfixes, AI improvements, ok performance, a few new features (and optionally- better graphics).
The one that mostly caught my attention was STALKER Complete 2009. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't add any new stuff like weapons, so if you could suggest a couple mini-mods that do, I think I'd be all set!
Super Mod Pack 2.4 and L.U.R.K. seemed pretty interesting as well, although (judging from the comments) incomplete and bug-ridden.

So, what do you suggest? I plan on reinstalling STALKER soon! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of all, Fileplanet and Mod-Db are not the best places for stalker mods, the vast majority of stalker mods are located at http://stalker.filefront.com/, so that's the obvious place to start ;)

Anyway, it seems what you want is something very clouse to the vanilla game, just with a bit more stuff and some minor tweaks, this is correct?

Well if so, you should probably avoid the bigger mods, the bigger and more ambitious the mod, the less compattible it becomes with other mini-mods (or the mini-mods must be tailored to fit the bigger mod), so lest one of the big mods is allmost exactly what you are looking for, you are probably better off mixing and matching some mini-mods you like, and there's no shortage of thouse (just remember that if two mini-mods are trying to use the same files, they are allmost certainly going to conflict with eachother, but other than that, they should be able to coexist nicely).

For starters i can recommend you look at the "Arsenal" and "Float 32" mods, that'll give you a whole lot more guns and better graphics, and then start shopping around for whatever else you might want, if you didn't like some aspect of Stalker, chances are you are not alone, and someone has made a mini-mod that changes it, so there's no shortage of stuff out there, AI-mods, Trader-mods, Weather-mods, Anomali-mods, Graphical-tweaks, HUD-mods, Mission-tweaks, you just gotta look for it.

Upvote 0
First of all, Fileplanet and Mod-Db are not the best places for stalker mods, the vast majority of stalker mods are located at http://stalker.filefront.com/[url]http://stalker.filefront.com/[/URL], so that's the obvious place to start ;)

I checked the filefront site out as well, but in all honesty, it's a mess.

Anyway, it seems what you want is something very clouse to the vanilla game, just with a bit more stuff and some minor tweaks, this is correct?

I'm not sure anymore, really. The whole mod deal has gotten me pretty excited! I'd like to try out pretty much everything, hehe...
So, I'm just going to download each and every mod that seems interesting enough- this'll take some time, though, as my net speed is awful. I'll start with LURK and your Gunmod.

AMK is the god of all mods. More down to earth and sophisticated than OL and less processor-melting than LURK ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out along with a couple of addons (does anyone have a link to the latest version of the AMK Arsenal mod, btw?).

...I love SOC. Can't wait to kick some military arse again ;)

Upvote 0
A great mod for SOC is Darker Nights, actually makes night time look and feel like night time. You will need to combine it with a good AI mod though as the AI basically see through the dark by default.

I'm playing Clear Sky at the moment and the only thing I am using is the Ballistics mod v5.0 which makes the weapons do reasonable damage and behave properly in terms of range and armor penetration.

It's a god send, because when I initially started playing Clear Sky I'd be finding this ridiculous situation. I'd be facing bandits in stock leather jackets no better than mine who would take 15+ hits to kill with the AK74, while they could kill me with 2-3 shots from their pistol. Complete rubbish, and I never remember SOC being that bad.

Also to ask a question of my own, are there any mods out there that fix mission bugs? As I have run into a real ball breaker of a glitch. In the garbage in Clear Sky one of the side missions is to eliminate the bandits at the depot. The problem is that when I go to do this as soon as I get inside the depot the game automatically holsters my guns as if I am in a friendly base, and I cannot draw a weapon at all until I leave the depot. I am guessing this happens because after you've cleared it it becomes a friendly base and the game is glitching and triggering this prematurely. The net result is I cannot clear the enemies inside of the depot and it is really making me rage :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm playing Clear Sky at the moment and the only thing I am using is the Ballistics mod v5.0 which makes the weapons do reasonable damage and behave properly in terms of range and armor penetration.
It's a god send, because when I initially started playing Clear Sky I'd be finding this ridiculous situation. I'd be facing bandits in stock leather jackets no better than mine who would take 15+ hits to kill with the AK74, while they could kill me with 2-3 shots from their pistol. Complete rubbish, and I never remember SOC being that bad.

Thanks...
Linky ?

Upvote 0
Also to ask a question of my own, are there any mods out there that fix mission bugs? As I have run into a real ball breaker of a glitch. In the garbage in Clear Sky one of the side missions is to eliminate the bandits at the depot. The problem is that when I go to do this as soon as I get inside the depot the game automatically holsters my guns as if I am in a friendly base, and I cannot draw a weapon at all until I leave the depot. I am guessing this happens because after you've cleared it it becomes a friendly base and the game is glitching and triggering this prematurely. The net result is I cannot clear the enemies inside of the depot and it is really making me rage :mad:

I'll second this question. If anyone does indeed know of any mods that fix Clear Sky's gamebreaking bugs, please let us know.

Upvote 0