• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spectator mode needs serious overhaul (cheater related)

Morlev

Aug 10, 2011
This is not a suggestion, this is stating a fact.
Spectating is such underappreciated feature. It lets you learn from more experienced players in real time and it lets you watch every move of suspicious players. But in this current form, it's very, very hard to use the spectating system for these purposes.
To find a given player and spectate him I need to go trough random selection of players in often full servers. That's 63 players I do not want to see and the spectator system is jumping between them randomly. And even if I somehow find the person I want to spectate, if he dies the lottery starts all over again. Unusable.
It would make much more sense to add a quick popup list of players divided by teams that would make you quickly snap to player you want to spectate.
There are cheaters in this game like many other games and I think it would be a very good idea if the developers allowed the players to deal with cheaters by themselves, but currently it's not possible. VAC system isn't perfect but if it's backed up by human eye, it could make a decent prevention.
Hopefully this thread will gain some traction.