• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sounds in this game are incredible

The general sounds are fantastic, it's the some of the weapon sounds that seem to need abit more oomph to them, like the MG34. It's not that they sound wrong, it's just as if they're missing the thump they have in reality :)
That thump is mixed into the sub-bass frequencies. You won't get it without proper subwoofer that can output quality bass.

Reactions: Alexei and Spindle
Upvote 0
How do I do this? I don't even know what "sound channels" are.

Can you list what sound device you are using?
If it is onboard audio listing the motherboard can help identify it.
An old sound card might be just that old...

Or in case of both might just need a driver update.

If you don't 'know' you can see by Right clicking on "My computer" or "Computer" from the start button. Then go to Device Manager. Look for Sound/Audio drop down box and it will list a device for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having fired my friend's original MP40 both indoor and outdoor, I am extremely impressed at how RIGHT ON the sounds for it are.

The rifles have the sharp 'crack'. The funny thing is the people complaining about the sounds post YouTube clips of weapons that were recorded with phone cameras and other non-professional equipment. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0