• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Corruption

D-Day Dawson

Feb 29, 2012
Hey There,

At odd and completely unexpected moments when playing RO2, the sound effectively goes away- the only way to describe is that it gets corrupted - it shutters, crackles, pops and is very white noisy - what at one moment had been a battlefield becomes an altogether more quiet and distorted affair. When I exit the game, the system remains distorted and corrupt and the only option is to reboot- Is there something that I need to tweak to stop this from happening of do I just live with it?

Great game tho- Thanks.

System specs below just in case- the sound card is SB Fatality Platinum.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
Page File: 1662MB used, 29032MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

he's using a sound blaster fatality card.
i'd suggest he try the onboard sound for the game and see how it works. he sure seems to have more than enough memory in there. ;)
sound in this game has been a problem for lots of people since the beginning. i used to have problems and they went away, either a memory upgrade or a patch cured mine. they happened at the same time. not sure. when the last patch came out, it messed up some people that were fine and fixed others. twi must be pulling their hair out on sound. :eek:

Upvote 0
he's using a sound blaster fatality card.
i'd suggest he try the onboard sound for the game and see how it works. he sure seems to have more than enough memory in there. ;)
sound in this game has been a problem for lots of people since the beginning. i used to have problems and they went away, either a memory upgrade or a patch cured mine. they happened at the same time. not sure. when the last patch came out, it messed up some people that were fine and fixed others. twi must be pulling their hair out on sound. :eek:

I use the SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality and have no trubs at all.

AS long as his card is good and there are no SW conflicts... its doubtful his SB is the cause. Perhaps drivers? or, his onboard sound chip is not turned off in the CMOS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was plagued with a similar issue since the second patch for the game was released a while ago, audio would get all distorted and the game would drop to maybe 1 fps for a second or so. Happened constantly on my old computer, the new one I just built recently was doing it too, but much less frequently.. Ultimately I installed Daniel_K's driver pack, and I have not had it happen yet, that doesn't mean its entirely resolved, but its drastically better than it was, at least.. I would suggest you do the same, and see if it helps you, if you exhaust other possibilities/options.

Just make sure you thoroughly uninstall the driver and all sound card software you have right now prior to installing the new ones, if you try this.

For the record my sound card is an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0