• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design some objects failed due to cross-package references

FireBall1

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
I am trying to set up am a objective on a RS map. I am following the guide " How to make your first map" in this forum. When I get to step 41 I get

"some objects failed because of cross-package references."

What am I doing or not doing?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I am still getting this problem. When I try to connect the RSobjective to the RSplaceable volume I get either no respond or the "crosspackage "error.

I have a map that is mostly made except for adding objectives and I am also having problems play testing this map. I can not spawn and run around in it. I can only move around in the camera mode.

Surely someone has experience in this matter. If this is not a good forum for mapping questions then does anyone know of a good mapping forum.

Upvote 0
Spawning in camera means you haven't setup the world info or changed the name of your map to RSTE-name. So in WorldInfo under My Map Info you need RSMapInfo and change your map file with the correct tag. Game Type For PIE would be RSGameInfoTerritories. But if your map is ready I'm guessing you've done this as you would of had to set up the classes? Maybe you did ROMapInfo by mistake?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had some progress as now I get map load screen which has reinforcements at 0 for axis and allies and about 5 seconds of play time. But I am still flying around as a camera not a player.

Hate to sound completely clueless but "set up the classes"?
I did a search but found nothing helpful . is there a link to this ?

Upvote 0
after you select RSMapInfo a new list of settings opens up, loads of drop down menus including Allies, Axis, Countdown etc. This is where you set up reinforcement numbers, artillery amount, at the bottom of the new menu it says TerritoriesAlllies/Axis, this is where you have to setup squads/classes. If you open up a stock map you can just look how they've arranged their squads.

Upvote 0
some progress

some progress

i solved the " some objects failed due to cross-package references" issue by manually entering the information to link the objective to it's volume.

But now I can not get the "My Map info" to take "RSMapInfo". it will not work.

Is this a SDK glitch or am I not doing something I need to be doing.

Upvote 0
i solved the " some objects failed due to cross-package references" issue by manually entering the information to link the objective to it's volume..

That's normal for setting up objectives and their coorisponding RS/ROPlaceableVolume. It's not automagic.

But now I can not get the "My Map info" to take "RSMapInfo". it will not work.

Is this a SDK glitch or am I not doing something I need to be doing.
Not sure what you're talking about.

There's a ROMapInfo and a RSMapInfo heading inside the WorldInfo's My Map Info drop header. Should not have to mess with the RSMapInfo "Brightness Setup". For the ROMapInfo, the only two important settings are for "Map Viewpoints" (cameras), and "Overhead Map Texture", the rest you can tweak if you understand what they do.

Inside the WorldInfo tab. Make sure the "Game Type for PIE" and "Game Types Supported On This Map" both have RSGameInfoTerritories selected. You have to use the green plus sign to add the option to the supported game types. If the map is for some other gametype, select that instead.

G'luck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for the help.

What I am stuck on is trying to add the world info such as found in the
world view/ worldinfo/ my map info.

on the sample map on the "my map info" line it has this "ROmapifo'TE-attackdefend_combinedarms.theworld:persientlevel.worldinfo_0.ROmapinfo_0"

I unable to add this my map. I get no response.

it says "access thru Getmapinfo()/setmapinfo()" which I am unsure where this is.

Upvote 0
You can't edit this line.

Again, make sure you set "Game Type for PIE" and "Game Types Supported On This Map".

Make sure your map is properly named. ie: RSTE-MyMapName, and it is in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\RSGame\Maps

Make sure you have squads assigned for the TerritoriesAllies and TerritoriesAxis. Even if it only one slot for the Commander.

Save your map. May require a rebuild.

That line the SDK will fill out when the other fields are set.

Upvote 0