• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some amazing weapon ideas

I got about a quarter of the way before I realized your "writing" is insanely difficult to read, ignores all grammar and spelling conventions, and you don't provide any balance justifications for your "amazing" weapon ideas.

And by the way, it's not up to you to decide if they're "amazing".

Upvote 0
Hey guyys thanks for reading. I had made a post earlier about the same subject but now i have some even better ideas. Ok here we go.

Weapons:

Assault Rifle: This would look like an m4. It would not be quite as powerful as the bullpup but have more ammo. It would also be heavier. It would be an ironsite and its secondary fire would be a gernade launcher attached to it!!!!!

<<<< we allready have a assaultrifle, its called the SA80

SMG: Ok this shud have been in the game in the first place. The game right now only has 2 dualwieldable weapons.this would be the 3rd. Its less powerful than the m4 and has less ammo. But it can be dualwielded making it stronger than the bullpup.

<<<<dualwielding them is bull, having just one wouldnt make sense as it would do even less dmg than the SA80

Sniper: Dont get me wrong here i love the crossbow. Its amazing. but i like snipers a bit better. Its very simmiliar to the crossbow only it is semi auto like the berreta 50 cal. The only problem is is that its much heavier and you will walk slower wen you have it.

<<<<scince we have a crossbow we dont need another sniper
allthought if I would have choosen the weapons for the game, i never would have taken such a dumb idea as a crossbow, i just hate that thing

baseball bat: with this idea i thought back to my favorite zombie movies and wondered what they used as melle weapons. chainsaws, golf clubs, and....... oh ya baseball bats. Granted this would not be very powerful. but cheap and equaslly fun to use. Its secondary fire could be like swinging it like you would be if you were trying to hit a pitched ball. that would be fun.(kinda a dumb idea but i wanted a mnelle suggestion.

<<<< doesnt make sense, thats what we have the fireaxe for

AUTO SHOTTY: nvm the last thing i said about shotties. I take it back. I can believe it hadnt come to me before. Its pretty self explanitory what this is.

<<<<bad bad BAD idea, shotguns are allready good enough

Existing weapons upgrade: Kf has some great weapons but some dont add a secondary fire here are my ideas.

Crossbow: when zooming in. click secondary to zoom in even more

<<<<< even more zoom for the (unless you turn down scopedetail) allready too much zoom crossbow? (ffs i still hate that thing, not because i cant aim, but just because it just doesnt even fit any logical hinking)

Handcannon: pisol whip. Sometimes they get up close to you and your cornered. You have to reload and you cant get away. This would help those frustrating moments with a meele component.

<<<<normally when you use the handcannon, you are allready on your sidearm
and btw what a handcannon cant finish in 7 shots, a pistolwhip seriously wont

LAW: If you hold the secondary fire it will lock onto your target(i dont know just an idea)

<<<< aimbot anyone?

lever action: Im stumped the only thing is a melle but that wouldnt make since for the other weapons.

<<<< not new, but still decent suggestion

Knife: secondary fire you flip it over and do a ferocious stab

<<<< you can allready do that, just hit altfire when you have the knive equipped

was too lazy to do 10 quotes

Upvote 0
Well, Let me start off by saying I live in America. However I do like playing as a British SAS in this game. Not many zombie games have this.

Some of the weapon's you mentioned before are a good idea. Lets use some commonsense on this.

Assault Rifle: First off M4 comes with a M203 grenade launcher. Which can be used for breaching doors welded or non welded. Or blowing the hell out of zombies. Would be full auto like the bullpup. Or, The M16 with M203 will be good choice too. Burst fire or single shot. Now, We need a AK-47 along with the M16 Or M4.

Sub Machine Gun: There are a few of these that are a good choice, My preference is the MP5. It's 9mm and can have a flashlight attachment. Good for CQB combat.

Pistols: I would like to see a 1911 .45 ACP. This is because of L4D, They placed these weapons in there game and I personally think they screwed them up. Some glocks would be cool too, And a Sig.

Sniper: Well, I don't snipe munch but i would love to see a bolt action one and a .50 cal sniper.

Now, For some cool ideas. Could you image if we had a Katana? Slicing there heads off? Or a bolt action WW2 era rifle with a bayonet. Or if there was a M249 SAW and a MG42 for those choke points. Some Claymores so you can set up some last ditch defense.

So, Thats my ideas based off of the first posters post. Oblivious I don't need to go into ballistics as tripwire is awesome with this and realism.

See you on the field - V.Gambino

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got about a quarter of the way before I realized your "writing" is insanely difficult to read, ignores all grammar and spelling conventions, and you don't provide any balance justifications for your "amazing" weapon ideas.

And by the way, it's not up to you to decide if they're "amazing".
Well done, you just won the "Ignorant Award", I like how I could read that fine, but you can't. Yes his post has alot of problems, but it's quite readable. For the matter, why don't you stay on the threads subject?

On subject, your ideas were pretty cool. I see alot of them that could be highly possible. The only thing I agree with in Zeptorem's post is that you need to justify some balance for your ideas.

Upvote 0
is amazing some sort of euphemism for plagiarised and/or unoriginal ?

wow man really. I just put some ideas up. You dont have to be a jerk about it. If someone else had the idea good 4 them. great minds think alike.

As for the other guy up there. I dont spend my entire life on these forums. and i was not aware of a gun suggestion thread. Besides i first posted these ideas on the 1st day kf came out. If you knew about the gun suggestion thread why dont you read that instead of my thread.

When i said "amazing" it was ment to lure people in to read it. Unfortunately i "reeled in" a bunch of douchebags. way to go guys. For the relatively few who liked my post thank you. for everyone else **** off.

Also it was a long thread so i shortened it. If you cant read it srry but i abbreviate anything possible. (thats kinda my bad)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, Let me start off by saying I live in America. However I do like playing as a British SAS in this game. Not many zombie games have this.

Some of the weapon's you mentioned before are a good idea. Lets use some commonsense on this.

Assault Rifle: First off M4 comes with a M203 grenade launcher. Which can be used for breaching doors welded or non welded. Or blowing the hell out of zombies. Would be full auto like the bullpup. Or, The M16 with M203 will be good choice too. Burst fire or single shot. Now, We need a AK-47 along with the M16 Or M4.

Sub Machine Gun: There are a few of these that are a good choice, My preference is the MP5. It's 9mm and can have a flashlight attachment. Good for CQB combat.

Pistols: I would like to see a 1911 .45 ACP. This is because of L4D, They placed these weapons in there game and I personally think they screwed them up. Some glocks would be cool too, And a Sig.

Sniper: Well, I don't snipe munch but i would love to see a bolt action one and a .50 cal sniper.

Now, For some cool ideas. Could you image if we had a Katana? Slicing there heads off? Or a bolt action WW2 era rifle with a bayonet. Or if there was a M249 SAW and a MG42 for those choke points. Some Claymores so you can set up some last ditch defense.

So, Thats my ideas based off of the first posters post. Oblivious I don't need to go into ballistics as tripwire is awesome with this and realism.

See you on the field - V.Gambino

ya i was thinkin mp5 as well. Strangely I posted katana in a previous post and none thought it would fit. I would love a sword but something better than katana. thanks 4 comment.

Upvote 0
We do have an SMG thats the bullpup.

What might be needed is the whole SA80 weapons system. Or an SLR

Maybe a scoped enfield.

L4D has .45s we dont need them
Glocks are better(haha I just made Baby JMB cry) and Zombie Panic has them

no other game has an AMT automag in .30 carbine one of those would be sweet.

pump action double barrel like Moes in the simpsons

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, Let me start off by saying I live in America. However I do like playing as a British SAS in this game.

*Twitch*

Now, We need a AK-47 along with the M16 Or M4.

Yeah, it's not like those are in every game ever.

Now, For some cool ideas. Could you image if we had a Katana?

*Hrrrgh*

Slicing there heads off?

*Grrrrghhh*

So... much... rage.

As for the other guy up there. I dont spend my entire life on these forums. and i was not aware of a gun suggestion thread.

You know that "search" button isn't just for show.

Besides i first posted these ideas on the 1st day kf came out.

Shows you put a lot of careful consideration into your choices.

If you knew about the gun suggestion thread why dont you read that instead of my thread.

Good idea; it's way better and sometimes even asks "how would the inclusion of this weapon improve gameplay" or even, gasp, "would this be balanced" or "would this fit with the game's style and atmosphere"?

Oblivious I don't need to go into ballistics as tripwire is awesome with this and realism.

I'm assuming you mean "obvious" (although "oblivious" works just as well, really), but realism is cool... but you want dual-wielded SMGs?

And finally, here's the reason I'm so pissed.

It seems the "ideas and suggestions" forum isn't so much "here's my idea on how to improve the game", but more "i saw this gun on future weapons u shud put it in lol". Reading some of these posts is like... brain poison.

Upvote 0
Weapons:
Assault Rifle: This would look like an m4. It would not be quite as powerful as the bullpup but have more ammo. It would also be heavier. It would be an ironsite and its secondary fire would be a gernade launcher attached to it!!!!!

Why would an M4 have more ammo than the L22A1? Standard US Magazines for an M4 only carry 30 rounds. 40 Is a bit much on the Bullpup but European Magazines springs are a lot better than US ones. They can hold 2-4 more rounds.

SMG: Ok this shud have been in the game in the first place. The game right now only has 2 dualwieldable weapons.this would be the 3rd. Its less powerful than the m4 and has less ammo. But it can be dualwielded making it stronger than the bullpup.

This is not a John Woo movie or Max Payne. No dual wielding of Sub Machine guns. Yes they should have added a Sub Machine Gun.

Sniper: Dont get me wrong here i love the crossbow. Its amazing. but i like snipers a bit better. Its very simmiliar to the crossbow only it is semi auto like the berreta 50 cal. The only problem is is that its much heavier and you will walk slower wen you have it.

Yes, I see the point of adding a Sniper Rifle but a 50. Cal? That's taking it to an extreme. Something light weight or 'Common' would do just fine. Personally I'd like to see a traditional Clip Loaded/Bolt Action Rifle.

baseball bat: with this idea i thought back to my favorite zombie movies and wondered what they used as melle weapons.

A bat would just be purely cosmetic. They wouldn't do enough damage. If you want to bludgeon something to death - It would have to be bigger and heavier than a baseball bat.

AUTO SHOTTY: nvm the last thing i said about shotties. I take it back. I can believe it hadnt come to me before. Its pretty self explanitory what this is.

Uhh... No. The shot guns do enough damage as it is and pump pellets out rather quickly... Still "No" on the Auto Shotgun idea.

By the way, I've never seen so many miss-spelt words in one post.

Upvote 0
Wait, when did the Bullpup change from the L85a2 to the L22a2?

Anyway.
Why is it that When someone suggests a sniper rifle on these forums I always see the words '50.cal Barret'?
I had thoughts about the auto shotgun,
Costs a little more than the Combat shotgun
Less damage.
Ammo capacity would have to be less the the shotgun slightly.
But considering it's auto, it would be great for crowd control, esp. when you need to clear a group of enemies , fast as the combat shotgun is pump - action.
But why can't we just have a small 'Snakes on the plane' Flamethrower? (Directly from the film)

Upvote 0
Assault Rifle: This would look like an m4.

SMG: The game right now only has 2 dualwieldable weapons.this would be the 3rd.

Sniper: Its very simmiliar to the crossbow only it is semi auto like the berreta 50 cal.

baseball bat: Granted this would not be very powerful. but cheap and equaslly fun to use. Its secondary fire could be like swinging it like you would be if you were trying to hit a pitched ball.

With the rpgs its 1 size fits all. You really only need 1 type of law and they have it.

AUTO SHOTTY: Its pretty self explanitory what this is.

Crossbow: when zooming in. click secondary to zoom in even more

Handcannon: pisol whip. This would help those frustrating moments with a meele component.

LAW: If you hold the secondary fire it will lock onto your target

lever action: Im stumped the only thing is a melle but that wouldnt make since for the other weapons.

Knife: secondary fire you flip it over and do a ferocious stab

Ok...
Assault rifle - Yes, but not an M4, why? Boring, American, done to death. Have a more original one like the Steyr Auga3, or a FN FAL. Grenade launcher is good though.

SMG - Yes it would be nice, but dual weildable? No, thats stupid

Sniper - Again yes we need one, but Barret .50cal? Boring, American, done to death.

Melee - Baseball bat. Boring, American, done to death. Though i wouldnt mind it, it is a zombie classic :p

"RPG" - L.A.W as it is isnt good enough.

Shotguns - No. Auto? Hell no. No. No. No. Boring, done to death, overpowered. The normal shotugns are bad enough being too good.

Crossbow - This is not a bad idea, but would rarely be useful.

Pistols - Well I like the pistol whip idea, save time switching to knife.

Lever Action
- Again melee isnt a bad idea, what they really need to do here is Introduce the SMLE.

Knife - Well it already has an alt fire, which is a more powerful stab.

Your ideas arent all bad, but very very generic, and very american.
Lol at Zeptorems reaction to the Katana :p

Upvote 0
Since when are they the Special Air Service? They're not any part of the British special service, that would be embarrasing...
You can tell you are american, "M16 / Ak-47 / M4" Just no, done to death.
Mp5 would be ok, though the Mp5k would make more sense.
Again you can tell you are American... 1911? Why? Why the Hell would that be here? Glocks would be nice.
*Cries* Mummy, make the generic people go away, please. Oh God the Barret .50cal... just no. L96 / SMLE would be fantastic but a .50cal? No.
Now, For some cool ideas.
Really? Cool, finally :D
Could you image if we had a Katana? Slicing
there heads off?
Oh, I see :( You had me going there... To be honest I don't hate the Katana but as Zeptorem said, it would be ridiculous here.
Or a bolt action WW2 era rifle with a bayonet. Or if there was a M249 SAW and a MG42 for those choke points. Some Claymores so you can set up some last ditch defense.
Yes to the bolt action, but if you are thinking the M1903 I will be angry.
Yes for the MG, but an M249? Boring, American, done to death, God people really need to come up with original stuff.

Upvote 0
While I fight the urge not to punch babies from this post....there was one good thing I saw and I think went overlooked.

Excuse me for a moment...the total Counter-Crud personality of the original post is distracting..

There have been many suggestions on adding another assault style rifle (I HATE the term Assault Rifle as the media has beat it to hell and for all the wrong reasons. Assault is a dirty word apparently)..and 99% of them have been JUNK.

M4/M16 Family: No. Just No. Poor stopping power with a massive ammunition consumption = death in the KF Scenario. Despite the fact that they are HEAVILY overused. And we already have a 5.56mm P.O.S known as the bullpup.

AK-47/74/Etc Family: No. I own one, I love it. But it just does not fit in KF for more than a few reasons.

G36 Family: No. Same issues as the M4/M16 just a prettier firearm.

blah blah blah...ok.

FN FAL: Here we go..finally...someone suggested something..ORIGINAL and something that has major differences over the bullpup (For balance issues). Let's see here. Ok the FAL fires from a 20 (I have heard of 30 and 40 round magazines being around but 20 round magazines are most prevelant) round magazine.

It fires a .308 NATO (7.62x51mm compared to the 5.56x45mm of the bullpup/m4/m16/g36/etc and still larger than the 7.62x39mm of the AK-47 series along with the 5.45x39mm of th AK-74).

It has full automatic ability but you cannot spray and pray for long or you will end up shooting the ceiling very quickly from the recoil. This is unless you are firing from the hip and are able to actually 'pin' the weapon down but there goes your accuracy again. So what you have is the ability to fire 2 to 5 round bursts...safely. (Its been a while since I had my hands on a FAL so an OWNER of a FAL should correct this if I am off in my detail).

This offers a totally different aspect to gameplay versus the bullpup.
How would they stack up?
FAL: High Damage, Medium Accuracy (Similar to the bullpup for balancing issues), Lower Rate of Fire, Lower controllability on full auto.
Bullpup: Low Damage, medium accuracy (Which it currently has), High Rate of fire, medium controllability on full auto.

So this enables two schools of player.
1) Many Weak Bullets sprayed at Target
2) Few Strong Bullets aimed at Target

Upvote 0