• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

soloing huge mobs

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
I think that this should be fixed somehow, the fact that someone can outrun a huge mob and slowly kill all of the specimens just running laps around the map without getting surrounded breaks the game sometimes.

there should be an intelligent spawn system, or any special specimen faster than the player that can grab him much like the clot but faster, and with more health

I just don't like the running Rambos, I would like if life was a bit harder for them.

You're right, its bad enough that most guys die on wave 1 and 2 on suicidal, I shouldn't be able to salvage a teams effort on wave 7-10 when there is 30 left, if my team mates are dead; I should die too.

if ok if there are 30 left, but it is possible to do it with 90 left. Something feels wrong when one guy can easily do by running laps around the map what a whole team couldn't do. If the team failed is lack of teamplay mostly, and they do deserve to lose

Upvote 0
if ure better than some one at the game, why is it unfair that you have more patience / more skill towards the situation and therefor need something to grab you? most people still spam nades and get killed by flesh pounders, does that mean when its killed them all and its just me left, i should have to let it kill me because its unfair that i don't get it angry and run away whyle shooting? Plus when its down to just you, it is alot harder, getting grabbed by a clot can mean death, getting screamed to low hp and having to "Q" to get ure health back makes you slower and prone to attack. When its just you 1 mistake and your dead. You can't help it if the team isn't as good as you.

Upvote 0
The mechanics of the knife and speed, as it is right now, works fine. I dont see why the OP is complaining about it. Jealous of not getting the kills? Well, try harder not to die, rly. If that guy lives, you get to continue the map...but thats a bad thing I guess.:confused:

-Being able to fight off +50 enemies yourself is awesome, and there are times when the horde spawns on your flanks, so you do get cornered sometimes if you're not careful.

Upvote 0
I think the main problem here is that when there is only one player left and he takes on 50+ specimens it can take him 10-15 minutes to finally kill them all. Not fun when you have five people spectating and one bozo who just won't die.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but I know map voting works on my server. If one guy does this, we just vote for a new map (or the same map again for a restart), if at least 75% of the people agree to the vote, then the vote is passed and the new round is started.

Upvote 0
is not awesome to do that, anyone can do that knowing how and with a little patience, its just lame, boring, and breaks the immersion.

maybe this could be fixed by making that when there is only one guy left, all remaining monsters of that wave spawn from all directions, or remove the ammo packs, or something

Upvote 0
I think the main problem here is that when there is only one player left and he takes on 50+ specimens it can take him 10-15 minutes to finally kill them all. Not fun when you have five people spectating and one bozo who just won't die.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but I know map voting works on my server. If one guy does this, we just vote for a new map (or the same map again for a restart), if at least 75% of the people agree to the vote, then the vote is passed and the new round is started.

Nothing stops you from leaving and find another game or map vote or vote kick.

Really just bad players trying to punish good players.

is not awesome to do that, anyone can do that knowing how and with a little patience, its just lame, boring, and breaks the immersion.

maybe this could be fixed by making that when there is only one guy left, all remaining monsters of that wave spawn from all directions, or remove the ammo packs, or something

Go somewhere else with your immersion, so tired of that piss poor argument that has little ground to stand on.

Stop punishing people that are better then you, cause clearly your one of those that pisses off the flesh pounder and dies.

Upvote 0
Nothing stops you from leaving and find another game or map vote or vote kick.

Really just bad players trying to punish good players.

Go somewhere else with your immersion, so tired of that piss poor argument that has little ground to stand on.

Stop punishing people that are better then you, cause clearly your one of those that pisses off the flesh pounder and dies.

I have soloed a 50+ wave too, why dont YOU go somewhere else with your insults, the only bad thing about KF is how the medium brain age of this community has lowered

Upvote 0
I've gotta agree with BoB Dolen, I'm sorry but if you suck you suck (talking to you as in general, not directing at anyone specific), it's not the other player's fault. I'm sick of players complaining because they die and the other player doesn't, I'm not going to kill myself just because you can't play. It's true that you don't intend to die, but there are steps you can take to avoid dying and leaving your party stranded. I've found that the larger group of people who complain about this are the ones who die first and have to sit and watch everyone else play.

Personally, I love that a single person can solo this, I hate it when I'm forced to resign because someone in my party did something stupid and got everyone else wiped out. As for killing the emersion, obviously you're not the one who's left alive because when you're the one left to face the hord the it's nearly impossible not to become emmersed. As stated by someone else earlier, when you're left alone to face the hoard the game gets a lot tougher.

Upvote 0
Now now, lets not assume that because you can run from zombies that makes you good at the game. Or it makes others suck because they can't/don't.

Anyone who's competent enough to know their way around the level is capable of doing so. We need teamwork not dudes running around the level (Farm) kiting spawns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its also not as easy as ppl think. You have to always be aware of your whats around you and coming at you, moreso than coop since its just you. Prioritizing targets as per the attention needed, dodging/knifing clots, taking out gorefasts, stalkers, sirens, and crawlers so to clear way for scrakes, and fleshpounds. Maintaining safe distance and managing your flanks, ammo, and health....all by yourself.

Its very thrilling, and you usually dont get to fight that much at a time on singleplayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have soloed a 50+ wave too, why dont YOU go somewhere else with your insults, the only bad thing about KF is how the medium brain age of this community has lowered

50+ congratz?

Love the irony, you say for me to take my insults elsewhere yet you insult me? Nice job.

Now now, lets not assume that because you can run from zombies that makes you good at the game. Or it makes others suck because they can't/don't.

Anyone who's competent enough to know their way around the level is capable of doing so. We need teamwork not dudes running around the level (Farm) kiting spawns.

Indeed Farm is by farm the easist map because of the open space. But I've seen and done myself doing waves on the other maps also like biotec and such where you have them coming from everyway you can go.

Its also not as easy as ppl think. You have to always be aware of your whats around you and coming at you, moreso than coop since its just you. Prioritizing targets as per the attention needed, dodging/knifing clots, taking out gorefasts, stalkers, sirens, and crawlers so to clear way for scrakes, and fleshpounds. Maintaining save distance and managing your flanks, ammo, and health....all by yourself.

Its very thrilling, and you usually dont get to fight that much at a time on singleplayer.

Indeed.

While pretty easy to do on Easy and normal for the most part. It becomes a whole new thing on Hard and suicidal.

Upvote 0
Somehow Bob... you have decided that the following is fact:

Kiting Zombies = Skilled play
and
Dying with your team = Unskilled play

When I play, I stick with my team. If my team is in danger, I'm going to do everything I can to help them. I'll go so far as to walk in front of a FP and take a few hits if another teammate is about to have a killing blow applied to him. This almost never ends in me dying, and it saves my teammate. But, I'd rather die with the team than waste everyone's time by running around in circles for 15 minutes trying to "OMGz WTFBBQ" an entire wave by myself.

I think you "skilled" players need to strap on a diaper and stick with the team.

Upvote 0
Somehow Bob... you have decided that the following is fact:

Kiting Zombies = Skilled play
and
Dying with your team = Unskilled play

When I play, I stick with my team. If my team is in danger, I'm going to do everything I can to help them. I'll go so far as to walk in front of a FP and take a few hits if another teammate is about to have a killing blow applied to him. This almost never ends in me dying, and it saves my teammate. But, I'd rather die with the team than waste everyone's time by running around in circles for 15 minutes trying to "OMGz WTFBBQ" an entire wave by myself.

I think you "skilled" players need to strap on a diaper and stick with the team.

Somehow you assume I'm talking about kiting vs managing mobs in a tight space/room.

Kiting is easy, yet its something people can't seem to do to a flesh pounders so that the rest of the team can handle the rest of the wave.

Dying with your team for dumb reasons = Unskilled play
Which seems to be what happens the most.

Upvote 0

This pretty much sums it up. Kiting is pretty damn easy and even having one person going off solo to do it screws up the whole map, as you split up the spawns and don't make it challenging for any of the players.

If you've got maybe only 30 or so enemies left, it's alright. But kiting the whole damn wave is just lame. This is why I promote the idea of limiting the sprinting with some kind of stamina. You can kite for a bit but not forever, so the whole server doesn't wait 10 minutes while the game gets exploited.

Upvote 0
Ok, uhhh...the thread has to do with people being able to solo the remaining horde, meaning THEY ARE ALONE.

People running off and going Rambo while the team is still alive is another problem entirely.

They are linked in that when the **** hits the fan instead of sticking with the team to try and push back the horde, some players take off and just try to save themselves. Might as well die with the rest of the group and try again.

Bob, I see where you are coming from but I think the strategic and beneficial kiting gets abused too much. A decoy is fine, but I rarely see it used like this.

Upvote 0