• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soldier and his weapon

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
I want to ask about it. Is it allowed to pick another weapon instead of original equipped? Something like german rifleman throw away Kar 98 to replace it by captured SVT 40. Is he free to do that or he need agreement of field command. Is soldier controlled? If he using weapon from armory or not?

And what about captured weapons? How many of them they should kept? Is it possible to change weapon in army by capturing other?

You run the risk of getting shot by your own troops.How many times have you thrown a grenade/shot into a trench/foxhole/room with the sound of an enemy weapon emanating from it? Troopers tend to stick to their own weapons unless ammo/jams or its the only weapon left around to fend of the enemy.This happens in reality but it also happens in game with RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want to ask about it. Is it allowed to pick another weapon instead of original equipped? Something like german rifleman throw away Kar 98 to replace it by captured SVT 40. Is he free to do that or he need agreement of field command. Is soldier controlled? If he using weapon from armory or not?

And what about captured weapons? How many of them they should kept? Is it possible to change weapon in army by capturing other?

At 1st question: Have you ever even played Red Orchestra?
At 2nd one: I genuinely don't know.

Upvote 0

One thing i know the Germans did:
Whenever they captured vast ammounts of weapons and decided to hand them out to the troops they sent them back behind the lines to check them up, sometimes even convert them and let the encountant count them up to the overall cache.

Then they would be reissued

Upvote 0
both sides also made use of other captured equiptment like vehicles......gotta love the captured t34/76 from BDJ. ruskies reissued panthers too :eek: :)

capt_panthers.jpg

soviet_panthers.jpg

i'd love to see reissued vehicles in the game, but idk about guns. maybe that could be one of the perks in the rankings or acheivements or whatever.....like the ability to as a german SL, choose to use a captured SVT instead of a g41 or mp40/41, whereas the common player without that qualification only gets a choice of g41 or mp40/41. it should only apply for a limited amount of classes and limited amount of players as it would not be realistic for 16 germans to spawn with SVTs :D

Upvote 0
I saw a picture of a recently found German capture T-34. It was pulled from a lake. Had German markings on it.

I have read that they did use each others tanks, but probably in small numbers.

Small arms would be easier to capture and train with, so it would be more logical for it to be in game.

If it was present in the areas HoS takes place, I would like to see the modified PPSH-41s that the Germans converted to 9x19mm. Here is an example:

1347176_4641fdc039ae6.jpg

Upvote 0
About the weapons, Germans here in Latvia used all kind of Russian weapons, one my friend found Russian PPD-40 at german last possitions of 1945, by that time Russians didn't use PPD's, I think, that German found this weapon at 1941 and used all war.
Other interesting find was Degterov mashineguns with Waffenamt on them (German quality marks) magazines were full of Mauser cartriges
Degterev barrel
img_3969_146.jpg

Waffenamt on it
img_3967_201.jpg

P.S. Both sides used all grenades what they could find

Upvote 0
I saw a picture of a recently found German capture T-34. It was pulled from a lake. Had German markings on it.

I have read that they did use each others tanks, but probably in small numbers.

Small arms would be easier to capture and train with, so it would be more logical for it to be in game.

If it was present in the areas HoS takes place, I would like to see the modified PPSH-41s that the Germans converted to 9x19mm. Here is an example:

1347176_4641fdc039ae6.jpg
That's really neat, I'd love to own one. I wonder how much they were used in Stalingrad?

Upvote 0
I know that germans used Russian weapons for long time, because my friend found PPD-40 on last German possitions in Kurland where Germans threw out all unnecessary things, from that place Germans was going to capitulation place in 08.05.1945.

P.S. Germans also made new barrels for Soviet weapons here is Degtyaryov machine gun's barrel with Waffenamt (the Army Acceptance Organization) stamp on it. Magazines were full of German Mauser cartridges

img_3969_146.jpg

img_3967_201.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0