• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, where is the dev announcement about this mess hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieters

Nov 12, 2006
I'm not joking, nor am I trolling. So, put your fanboi pitchforks down.

Where are the announcements / communications from the devs about this mess of a release? Stats don't work. Our day 1 unlocks don't work. The game still runs horribly for a lot of people. I regularly get locked out of respawning for no apparent reason. It's a giant mess, and it should have been delayed longer.

I had faith in Tripwire Interactive. I played RO1 as a mod, bought the retail version, and played the hell out of it. But I'm seriously regretting buying RO2 (digital DELUXE, even, hah).

However, I realize that stuff goes wrong, deadlines must be met, etc. That's fine. If they're going to fix this disaster of a release, I can be patient. BUT - a little communication from them would go a LONG way. A simple "Guys, you're right - we screwed up, it's a mess, and we're going to fix it" would make myself, and probably many other paying customers, feel a hell of a lot better. Right now, I feel like I got screwed, big time.

However, I realize that stuff goes wrong, deadlines must be met, etc. That's fine. If they're going to fix this disaster of a release, I can be patient. BUT - a little communication from them would go a LONG way. A simple "Guys, you're right - we screwed up, it's a mess, and we're going to fix it" would make myself, and probably many other paying customers, feel a hell of a lot better. Right now, I feel like I got screwed, big time.

I don't care if they admit to making mistakes or rushing etc...

If they just said "we're working on it, we've made progress here, bla bla..." I'd be happy.

Reactions: SunKing
Upvote 0
There is a lof of communication from the devs to the community in the forums. Especially if you take a look at the support and bug forum. You are in fact a bit right about that there maybe should be one official announcement in the forum and on the webpage about the current state of the game, how players can help solve the problems now etc.

Upvote 0
There is a lof of communication from the devs to the community in the forums. Especially if you take a look at the support and bug forum. You are in fact a bit right about that there maybe should be one official announcement in the forum and on the webpage about the current state of the game, how players can help solve the problems now etc.

Yeah, that's what I mean. An official post on the main page, or a stickied topic by the devs... not obscure posts buried in threads 10 pages long. A simple "We hear you, guys, and we're on it" post / thread. And, who knows, MAYBE even a slight apology. Other than TF2 hats, at this point, I'm not entirely clear why I even bought digital deluxe... free money for them, I guess.

Upvote 0
I agree it is a right mess, even i dont suffer with a lot of the problems, but my god if my pc can run any UE3 game like butter, then i would expect it to be the same with this, although it really really isn't.

Im expecting a patch at least this week, to fix many fps issue's most have, and optimization.
I'll be pretty annoyed if there isnt.

if i knew it would release like this, i would most likely not have purchased the DDE

Upvote 0
Coming on here and posting that they are working on a patch wouldn't get it released any faster. You know that they are working their asses off to get a patch out, so just be patient.

You're right. It wouldn't. Spending 10 minutes to post a stickied thread letting us know what's up would just make tons of people feel better about having spent $40 on a broken game.

That's what it would do.

Read what I wrote, comprehend, then respond.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which doesn't at all address what I actually said. So, okay.. next point, please? I just said I could wait for patches, but some information / assurances from the devs would be nice.

Oh it does. Simply wait or don't because anything else is just pointless fluff that clutters the place up. This thread for example :rolleyes:

The devs have said they are working on the bugs, what would be the point of them telling us again?

Reactions: vyyye
Upvote 0
I half expected some dev post I missed, instead it's just you thinking your post means anything to anyone at all. Cool, especially considering how it didn't even touch on the topic at hand.

Also as far as I know you cant get a refund after a release because this game is a steamworks game and steam wont give you a refund after the game has been released.

Upvote 0
You're right. It wouldn't. Spending 10 minutes to post a stickied thread letting us know what's up would just make tons of people feel better about having spent $40 on a broken game.

That's what it would do.

Read what I wrote, comprehend, then respond. Otherwise, shut up.

Oh I understand what you said....it's like the 100th thread that has said the same exact thing. All you're doing is cluttering up the forum with another pointless thread.

Upvote 0
Oh I understand what you said....it's like the 100th thread that has said the same exact thing. All you're doing is cluttering up the forum with another pointless thread.

When the devs post a highly visible thread saying they screwed up and they're fixing things, these threads? They'll stop. That's kind of the point. People keep posting threads like this because the developers seem to be hiding in their offices with their heads down because they know they screwed the pooch.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.