• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, the new weapons...

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
...anyone able to tell the damagestats and the likes? *coughcoughScaryGhostcoughcough* ;)

The weapons I'm interested in knowing these stats for would be the:
* MKB42
* Trench shotgun
* Nail Gun
* Scythe
* Flare Gun(s)
* Thompson SMG
* Sawblade Crossbow

I'm also interested in the mechanic of the "cleave" attack which is in effect on the Claymore and the Scythe. Info on that would be great! (And is it only for altfire?)

I'd also like to know the functionality and/or the numbers of the medic nade. As far as i noticed, you have to stand in the "pool" for it to heal more than just a miniscule amount of health.

Any help would be highly appreciated! :)

EDIT: Thanks EpharGy for the help! Here are the weapon stats, and also my opinion on them:

* MKB42
Perk: Commando
Price: 1100
Weight: 6
Damage: 45 (only max damage matters)
Headshotmulti: 1.1x (i assume)
Magsize: 30 (37 at level 6)
Ammo: 300 (375 ammo at level 6)
Altfire: Switch semi/auto
My opinion: So, it's pretty much exactly like the AK47, just a teeny tad more expensive? Ok, so another weapon that doesn't really fill a new role (unless you wanna carry "2x AK47's" >_>). This would have been a much better weapon to put in the so-called "cosmetic" DLC than any other weapon, as it doesn't add anything new (well, it does allow you to carry 2 "AK47's", but that is not really all that imbalanced imo)
Current verdict: Another boring "AK47", pretty much. Thus, it's balanced, but a very useless addition (no new niche).

* Trench Shotgun
Perk: Firebug
Price: 1250
Weight: 8
Number of firepellets: 14
Damage: 18 (afaik, that's the same as Flamethrower's initial damage, thus the same burndamage as well)
Magsize: 6
Ammo: 48 (?)(76 ammo at level 6)
Altfire: N/A
My opinion: I think it is absolutely lovely so far and it's nice to see something new and stylish like this for the Firebug. Need to test a few more things with it though, but so far it seems like an absolutely awesome addition!
Current verdict: Seems balanced, looks and feels awesome, fills up a nice niche. An addition i really like!

* Nail Gun (Vlad 9000 / Vlad the Impaler, it's name is all over the place)
Perk: Support
Price: 1500
Weight: 8
Number of nails: 7
Damage: 35
Headshotmulti: 1.5 (and thus i think 1.65x when multiplied with the innate 1.1x headshot multliplier, not sure)
Penetrations: 2 (probably increases in amount with Support levels though, just like the other shotguns)
Bounces: 2
Penetration reduction: ??? (is it 0.5 or 0.75?)
Magsize: 6
Ammo: 48, same as most other shotguns (really boring imo...)
Altfire: Toggle flashlight
My opinion: Seems ok and decently fun to use, but a little dissapointed in how it functions. Its nails bounces around (what?), and it shoots just like any other shotgun (scattered "pellets"), rather than shooting one nail at a time. Haven't checked if it interacts with welding in any way, but i bet it dissapointingly enough won't interact at all :(
Sure, it fills a new role as the semiauto "shotgun" with a magazine-reload and wallbouncing ammo, but that's honestly the LAST thing I'd expect from a NAIL gun...
Current verdict: Ok weapon, seems balanced and is quite fun to use, but personally a tad dissapointing in its functionalities. It does fill a niche though, which is good.

* Scythe
Perk: Berserker
Price: 1250
Weight: 6
Primary damage: 260
Alt damage: 385
Headshotmulti: 1.25x (or 1.1x?)
Range: 105
Special: Cleave effect (also added to the Claymore)
My opinion: Well, this means that the Scythe is THE strongest (read: best) melee weapon in the game right now. The primary fire is quite fast, in between the Claymore and Katana i believe, and that together with a much higher damage than either of them too, and also a price between both of them. Altfire, while slightly slower than Claymore altfire, can also bodystun Scrakes, and kills a 6-man HoE Scrake with fewer hits than the Claymore/Axe altfire to the head. And this is the first of the "pay-to-use" weapons... this isn't boding well at all.
If it was more similar in its stats to the Claymore (or maybe any other weapon it is supposed to be a "cosmetic" option too) i would be more accepting of it. Also, just for "logic's" sake (meaning, in a suspension of disbelief kind of way), how is a Scythe more powerful than a Claymore anyway?
Current verdict: Overpowered and kinda useless addition (no new niche, plus makes the Claymore (or actally ALL OTHER MELEE WEAPONS) useless)

* Flare Gun(s)
Perk: Firebug
Price: 500 each
Weight: 2 single, 4 dualwield
Impact damage: 100 (same as Husk Cannon singleshot)
Fire damage: 25 (... same as Husk Cannon singleshot)
Damageradius: 100 (dunno how this is compared to the Husk Cannon, but it feels much smaller than the Husk Cannon)
Headshotmulti: 1.5x (i think this is only for the impact, and this is higher (i think) than the Husk Cannon (1.1x?))
Magsize: 6 single, 12 dualwield
Ammo: 128 (204 at level 6).
My opinion: LOTS of fun to use, and feels just fine in balance as well. However, it really makes the Husk Cannon feel useless. The only real drawbacks on the pistols are lesser area of effect, unchargeable shots and the need to reload (which is quite fast with the Firebug's reload bonus anyway). It shoots quite fast, costs an 1/8th(!) of Husk Cannon (per pistol) weighs 1/4th (per pistol) of the Husk Cannon and almost has the same amount of ammo. Husk Cannon needs some love! The weapons doesn't fit as a DLC imo though, as they are so different in their stats and style to any other Firebug weapon.
Current verdict: Seems balanced, is a lot of fun and fills a niche (puts the Husk Cannon to shame though, imo)

* Thompson SMG
Perk: Commando
Price: 900
Weight: 5
Damage: 40 (enough to decap even offperk!)
Headshotmulti: 1.1x (i think, don't see why not)
Magsize: 30 (37 at level 6)
Ammo: 300 (375 at level 6)
Altfire: Switch semi/auto
My opinion: *sigh* Another bland machinegun/smg for the Commando. And guess what? It's a tad unbalanced (in the player's benefit ofc) and is one of the "pay-to-use" weapons. Why is it unbalanced? Well, it weighs only 5 weight (less than all other lesser/cheaper Commando weapons, which all weigh 6), costs only more than the Bullpup, can decap trash with just one bullet (even offperk!) and has extremely little recoil. Bullpup, i feel sorry for your uselessness :(
Current verdict: Slightly overpowered, kinda boring and fills absolutely no new niche (well, it's lightweight, but that could've easily been the Bullpup's niche). If it was more balanced (aka, something akin to the MKB42), it would actually be a reasonable weapon to have in a weapon DLC. Then it is almost just a cosmetic weapon, which is more fine by me.

* Sawblade Crossbow
Perk: Berserker
Price: 2500
Weight: 7
Damage: 500 (Can stun Scrakes with a BODYshot already at level 2!)
Headshotmulti: 2x (Offperk, can stun Scrakes with a headshot)
Bounces: 5
Magsize: 1
Ammo: 16
Special: Not only a bouncing blade, but also able to be picked up again
My opinion: Absolutely overpowered, BUT otherwise a fun weapon with potential, if it was balanced correctly. I LOVE its scope and for some reason feels very easy to get headshots with (which is great!). I also like the idea (first i didn't, but the thought grew on me, and now i like it) of giving the Berserker some form of ranged weapon.
Current verdict: Sadly, really overpowered (in particular in combination with the Berserker's other strengths), but it is fun to use otherwise and definitely fills a new niche. This weapon doesn't fit at all in the so-called "cosmetic" DLC, as it is so entirely new for the Berserker.

My general comment of the new weapons: The DLC is definitely a "pay-to-win" (in a PvE sense of way), and 2 of those weapons (Flare Guns and the Sawblade Crossbow) are too new in style and everything that they shouldn't be part of a so-called "cosmetic" DLC! If they were rebalanced properly, then the MKB42, the Tommygun and the Scythe would be perfect weapons to have in a pseudocosmetic DLC. All the others should be part of the retail game (and made sure to be balanced) since they are so different. Oh well, now there are even more stuff to rebalance *sigh*

Last edited:
* MKB42
DamageMin=35
DamageMax=45

* Trench shotgun
14 x 18 Damage
Max 2 penetrations with 50% reduction.

* Nail Gun
Bounces=2
PenDamageReduction=0.750000
MaxPenetrations=2
PenDamageReduction=0.500000
HeadShotDamageMult=1.500000
Damage=35.000000

* Scythe (Havent looked over the mechanics of it yet though)
FIRE
damageConst=200
maxAdditionalDamage=60
weaponRange=105.000000
ALTFIRE
damageConst=300
maxAdditionalDamage=85
weaponRange=105.000000

* Flare Gun(s)
ImpactDamage=100
Damage=25.000000
DamageRadius=100.000000

* Thompson SMG
DamageMin=35
DamageMax=40

* Sawblade Crossbow
HeadShotDamageMult=2.000000
Bounces=1
MaxBounces=5
Damage=500.000000

I believe the scythe does wide area damage on both attacks. Havent had time to go through it too much.

Upvote 0
* MKB42
DamageMin=35
DamageMax=45

* Trench shotgun
14 x 18 Damage
Max 2 penetrations with 50% reduction.

* Nail Gun
Bounces=2
PenDamageReduction=0.750000
MaxPenetrations=2
PenDamageReduction=0.500000
Damage=35.000000

* Scythe (Havent looked over the mechanics of it yet though)
FIRE
damageConst=200
maxAdditionalDamage=60
weaponRange=105.000000
ALTFIRE
damageConst=300
maxAdditionalDamage=85
weaponRange=105.000000

* Flare Gun(s)
ImpactDamage=100
Damage=25.000000
DamageRadius=100.000000

* Thompson SMG
DamageMin=35
DamageMax=40

* Sawblade Crossbow
HeadShotDamageMult=2.000000
Bounces=1
MaxBounces=5
Damage=500.000000

I believe the scythe does wide area damage on both attacks. Havent had time to go through it too much.

If you know this much, then do you also know the Pickup-lines for the new weapons for Marco

Upvote 0
Really, you can't look in the kfmod.ucl file yourself?

You can edit yourself.....

AllowedWeaponPickups(57)="KFMod.MKb42Pickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(58)="KFMod.TrenchgunPickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(59)="KFMod.NailGunPickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(60)="KFMod.ScythePickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(61)="KFMod.FlareRevolverPickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(62)="KFMod.DualFlareRevolverPickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(63)="KFMod.ThompsonPickup"
AllowedWeaponPickups(64)="KFMod.CrossbuzzsawPickup"

Upvote 0