• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Sniper Tactics

Here are some tactics for snipers. If I left anything out let me know.

- Stay back from the front lines. You have a long range weapon so use it.

- Sniper rifles are great in defence and not so good in attack. To defend an area from distance use a sniper rifle.

- Shoot the higher priority targets first. Such as heavy MG's NCO's etc..

- Pick a high point to snipe from. This gives you a greater view of the battlefield and a longer view distance.

- Find a well covered place. Dont lie down in the middle of a field you will be easily spotted.

- Avoid making a silhouette of yourself, whether it be on hilltops, the tops of buildings or windows and doorways. If on a hill, move forward in front of the crest. Not being seen is more important than having protective cover.

- Rest your weapon against an object to give yourself maximum accuracy.

- For quick shooting pick a semi auto rifle over a bolt action. It is one hit one kill with either in the head or chest and a semi auto has a faster rate of fire meaning more kills. However you compromise the accuracy of the bolt action.

- Change your position regularly. If you try and camp in one position for an entire map the enemy will know where to look and keep killing you.

- Avoid close quaters combat. If its you against an smg your dead.

- Use your pistol in close combat. If an enemy gets close use your pistol, Its much easier to kill them rather than trying to shoot them unscoped.

- Watch for enemy snipers! The other team have sniper too and they are going to be looking out for you!

- Teamwork. If your team are pinned down help them out by giving them covering fire.

- Try and get a teammate to watch your back so you dont get sneaked up on by the enemy.

**EDITED**

Last edited:
I personally prefer the M91/30 over any other gun in the game.

Scoped and unscoped.

I've only been playing the game a few days but am trying to sniper when ever possible.
Get the practice in and get used to the game.

I find working from the sides of a battle very effective, alone so as not to attract attention to myself.
Best advice: Find a good spot and camp. Having no kill cam or anything like that a sniper in a good position in this game could be lethal, the enemy wouldn't know what was hitting them.

Upvote 0
Psycho_Sam said:
- Rest your weapon against an object to give yourself maximum accuracy.

Forgive me for asking such a noob question, but I don't remember seeing this in the manual. How does one rest their weapon? I've seen the deployment icon you get with MGs, and when I press the deploy button it seems to do nothing. But I may just not be paying attention well enough.

Upvote 0
Say if you crouch behind a load of boxes and face into then and aim down your sight you will see your player lift up slightly. He is now looking over the boxes with his gun rested on them. Look in the bottom right hand corner of your screen and you should see a bipod icon. This happens automatically as long as you have your gun up to your eye. You can also lean round corners and achieve the same effect.

When rested your gun sway is virtually no exisitent meaning your shot will be much more accurate. Especially over longer distances which when using a sniper rifle you often are!

Upvote 0