• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Skunkees Definitive Berserker guide

Yes, the specimens have more health and thus give more progress per kill (with the same amount of players) on harder difficulties for damage dependent perks.

You get the same amount of damage progress per hit on lower difficulties, unless you're overkilling your targets, so the exp vs time difference is mostly from idle trader time/spawn times, which is somewhat compensated by the fact that you kill specimens more quickly when they have lower health, and when you can afford to buy lots of spare guns to spam throughout the entire round.

Easier to level sharpshooter on the lower difficulties though, because headshot kills give the same progress regardless of specimen health.

Same applies to the ever-annoying stalker kill progression on the Commando.

Upvote 0
Speaking of leveling though, I thought harder difficulties netted more experience. (More HP = more damage dealt = more perk progression.)
I tried Hell on Earth for the first time last night, and it's an apt name. It feels like the progression is faster, likely due to what you mentioned, but the game is so fast it's hard to notice.

I'm just shy of lv 3 but was able to get to wave 6 using the Ninja layout before I had to stop for the night. I find that when soloing I can only really play farm and mountain pass since it's easy to roam/kite on those.

Upvote 0