• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Single player

Sojuz

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2008
Twi should redesign SP. Change the name for the first to practice. Never ever again use it to advertise game in form like it is now.
You can be carried by the creation of a system similar to that known from the americas army. SP generally contained the practice mode on MP maps and a set of mission / training that MUST be done to make the player able to play MP with sniper / mg / SL / TL, or physician training, if you had a system similar to that known from the AA. + maybe some tactical trainings so people could get more familiar with game.
This is general concept, it's your work twi to develop it if you like...

Twi should redesign SP. Change the name for the first to practice. Never ever again use it to advertise game in form like it is now.
You can be carried by the creation of a system similar to that known from the americas army. SP generally contained the practice mode on MP maps and a set of mission / training that MUST be done to make the player able to play MP with sniper / mg / SL / TL, or physician training, if you had a system similar to that known from the AA. + maybe some tactical trainings so people could get more familiar with game.
This is general concept, it's your work twi to develop it if you like...

I have made this exact suggestion before in different threads. This is already technically present as several of the single player missions are specifically there to teach you specialized roles - the problem is that these tutorials are not mandatory for access to these specialized roles in multi-player.

Again having already learned these roles from both RO1 and RO2 I have no problem with implementing this, but there will definitely be plenty that find it disagreeable.

Upvote 0
You don't have to complete the campaign in order to be good at this game. I played 5 mins of the campaign and I find myself to often be at the upper half of the scoreboard. I know, score doesn't mean everything, but it must count for something eh?

For specialized roles like TL, SL, marksman, and Engineer there definitely needs to be some sort of basic tutorial to make the player at least get the gist of the role. But I agree that basic roles like rifle man and assault don't necessarily need a great deal of experience to use fairly effectively

Upvote 0