• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Since the Jan 10 update

RAF_Pstyle

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Sorry to be a whinger, but did the player base get really angry/childish over the past two days since the patch?

I was on for a bit last night. Guys were coming on and spamming the coms with nonsense (forcing me to mute an abnormally high number of players), other guys were getting ridiculously upset about getting TK'd. I had one guy spend 30 second yelling at everyone for TK'ing him, before he put a TK round through me just after!

I have actually been enjoying this game lately, in spite of the lower player numbers. The guys that have stuck with the game have generally turned out to be a good bunch.

It seems the influx of new and "returning" players has sucked a few, shall we say, less likable characters into the game... schade.

Grumpy rant over.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a whinger, but did the player base get really angry/childish over the past two days since the patch?

I was on for a bit last night. Guys were coming on and spamming the coms with nonsense (forcing me to mute an abnormally high number of players), other guys were getting ridiculously upset about getting TK'd. I had one guy spend 30 second yelling at everyone for TK'ing him, before he put a TK round through me just after!

I have actually been enjoying this game lately, in spite of the lower player numbers. The guys that have stuck with the game have generally turned out to be a good bunch.

It seems the influx of new and "returning" players has sucked a few, shall we say, less likable characters into the game... schade.

Grumpy rant over.

There's been a sale (50% iirc), so that is likely what is causing an influx of new players.

Upvote 0
Also, take into consideration that since the player base didnt really see a huge increase alot of the players already know each other and generaly just mess around on the mic tossing out jokes and being semi serious about it.

It was not this unfortuantely. That would've been fun ;)
I'm familiar with most of the guys who play on the servers/ timezones I usually do. And the ones who use voice coms are normally only about 20% of these players anyways.

Upvote 0
I can honestly tell you that in our old RO clan we would put out warnings to the server admins and membership everytime a price cut and sale was announced. Get ready for the "freshly uncrated gibbons."

LOL! I like it. It's true though, you can always tell when a sale has been on due to the numpty ration increasing so violently. By and large, the RO games have had the most mature gaming communities that I've come across.

Upvote 0
Well I started playing again this week after about a 2 month break and I hadn't really run into a lot of players like that it its definitely lower than it used to be for me. I guess it depends on the server though. The playerbase is better now since its more veterans and more people trying to get onto the point vs sit back and camp.

I even had one round of CH where we rolled the first round and then too much of the Russian team was trying to Reckless zerg into the points leaving too many germans alive to mow us down on the next too rounds. Lots of fun though. Prob the first match I've played where I thought we needed more players sniping!

Upvote 0

Hehe, I think I know who you're talking about, Iirc we were both playing on the 40-1 server no? In all fairness the guy in question usually does go on like that in response to TKs :p As for the others I must say that though I don't play daily, I've not often heard that much chatter on Public so I'm just putting it down as a one-off incident.

Upvote 0
Hehe, I think I know who you're talking about, Iirc we were both playing on the 40-1 server no? In all fairness the guy in question usually does go on like that in response to TKs :p As for the others I must say that though I don't play daily, I've not often heard that much chatter on Public so I'm just putting it down as a one-off incident.

Yup, you guessed it.
But there was a lot of other garbage going on on the coms... the number of guys I had to mute..

Upvote 0
how many gb it is now? to bring the sim up to date? 10gb?? from the["out of the box sim" :eek::eek:

Incrementally yes, but you'd never need to download that much if you installed from fresh :) Steam always distributes the most up-to-date complete build, basically. I don't remember the numbers and don't have RO2 on my Steam install here at work, but I think it's around 7GB for the full package.

Upvote 0