• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Since 6 is the new cap...

therajuncajun

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
That makes me wonder what exactly will happen with the current perk bonuses. Level 5 perks for medic and zerker were tweaked once already because they were "too fast" and could outrun anything. Will level 6 be super strong or are the other levels gonna be nerfed to bring level 6 to around our current level 5?

Currently, the only confirmation in terms of the new perk-age is the ability to start with a much better weapon.

Commando with either an AK or SCAR...
Sharpshooter with either M14 or XBow...
Berserker with the Katana...

Beyond that, I have no idea. I guess it's a wait-and-see scenario, since we are literally hours away from the new content.

Upvote 0
Balance and revision are part of the process, so it's always a possibility.

Were I Tripwire, I'd start handing out the bonuses in smaller increments. Damage bonuses and ammo are really the least relevant bonuses given out, in the grand scheme of things, because of how the difficulties are scaled. Faster reload speed, movement, grenade capacity, recoil dampening...those bonuses are much harder to control for.

Upvote 0
That would be interesting, but could see it becoming quite crazy real quick. Put 6 level 6 zerkers on a team and you'd have insane damage reduction where you could probably knife fight a fleshpound and win. I wouldnt necessarily mind the idea of chrome/gold/platinum weapon skins as bonuses. Maybe... as a very nice perk bonus... new voice sounds!!! I would pay for a new voice pack D:

Upvote 0
That'll be a detriment to all other classes.

Not sure what you mean by others (Medic?), as all classes have a damage role, and benefit from increased ranks and bonuses, although some get more direct benefits than others. It might make life tougher on low ranked people as well, but you can just rescale how many hps each difficulty adds. (Adding speed at normal difficulty might be overkill.)

Part of it comes down to what level of challenge people are looking for too. By Rank 3, Normal starts to feel pretty easy to me and I start playing Hard games.

Upvote 0
Personally I would really like to see tactical type bonuses lvl 6 and above.

Medic- Be able to revive a downed player if they have not been eaten, but takes awhile to do so others need to protect them the medic as this happens.

Support- Silencer for shotguns which lessen spread and recoil.

Sharpshooter- Laser sights for 9mm(s), handcannon(s), lever action, crossbow, and EBR

Commando- Set up pulsating beacons which upon pulse (certain radius) make any stalkers' or the patriarch's cloak spasm so you can see them temporarily.

Berserker- Add an AoE effect to melee weapons so it hits all targets within normal distance for a certain wide-angle infront of the zerker. (Possibly the frontal 120 degrees)

Firebug- Ability to drain fuel from tank onto ground (ammo depletes accordingly) and then light the fuel and create a burning area of land for a few seconds.

Demolition- Possible addition of medium range shrapnel to grenades, for example nails/metal hunks that fly 2 times as far as regular grenade explosion radius causing small damage.

Just new little things for each class that doesnt make them super overpowered but bring new mechanics to the gameplay.

Upvote 0