• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should the beta be deleted before preloading final version?

WilfordBrimley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2011
I looked around here and the steam forums for an answer but there's very little on this topic.

The properties tab of the beta says it's using over 5 gigs of space as well, so I also wonder if it could be deleted to save some space. Then again I don't want to delete anything that may be needed, so I'll ask first.

Thanks in advance!

They are located in two separate directories under Steam, and the release version is 3 gigs larger than Beta when fully pre-loaded. Pretty safe to assume you can uninstall the beta.

Thanks for the reply.

I also noticed two directories under MyDocuments/My Games: one is RedOrchestra2 and the other is UnrealEngine3. Typically when deleting games from Steam, folders in MyDocuments remain. I guess this will be the case if the beta is deleted and then the final version preloaded, though I'm not completely sure.

What are most of you guys doing? Keeping the beta or deleting it? I wonder if it will be like TF2 and CS:Source where the beta is still used for testing and whatnot.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0