• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter release ?

Schneider95

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2012
Paris
Hi,

we now have the LAR, the Crossbow, and we have seen a render of the Railgun one month ago. I suppose we will see the Sharpshooter in the next update.

But, does the Sharpshooter is planned in a "small" update in some weeks, or in a massive update with other perks and maps in some months ?

Thanks by advance if you have any info.

The latest update we just got was treated as a (slightly less so than usual) PR release with a sale, title, and all that. I imagine Sharp will be a month or two off with what they have left to finish as well as pacing it so that they can do another monument update again for business impact.

If Sharp was ready to release super soon afterwards, they would have probably just waited for all of his weapons and skills to be done before pushing it.

Upvote 0
Hoping 2 months but it could even be a lot longer.

Keep in mind with the other perks we also got info on the perk's passives and skills as well as the general outline of what it is supposed to do shortly after the weapons or even in the weapons release. Normally it's fairly early into WWUT updates that we get this info, this time we only got 3/4 of the weapons and not even a conformation on the tier 3. Apart from a few fairly wild guesses we have no idea how done sharpshooter actually is.

Upvote 0
Geez, I really hope it isn't months away like some of you all are theorizing. Personally, I'd wager two to three weeks. We already have half his arsenal, and the railgun looked nearly complete weeks ago. All that's really left is the M14 and the skill tree.

From the sounds of it, Tripwire seems intent on making sharpshooter the main feature of the next update. Yoshiro made it sound like they would've liked to include sharpshooter this update if possible, but it just wasn't ready, so they'll just release him when he's done. Hopefully I read into that right.

Upvote 0
We already have half his arsenal, and the railgun looked nearly complete weeks ago. All that's really left is the M14 and the skill tree.
The railgun's model may have been nearly complete back then, but actually getting it into the game takes much more than that, especially considering it'll probably be fairly flashy. It has been a month since then though so I imagine there's been a decent amount of progress on that front. No one knows for sure other than TWI themselves though.

Upvote 0
We are working towards the full release as fast as we can. We had some setbacks bringing it online that have been previously discussed.

Producers and team leads go into sprint planning Monday to plan out what everybody is working on for the next sprint and based on where things are at and our current manpower.

Upvote 0
I love the new 9mm sounds, the extra gore and the optimization changes.

Hopefully the next update has Sharpshooter and revamped Demo.

@Yoshi

Any word on the bug where your gear loadout never saves after you exit the game? I always have to go back to the gear menu and re-do my stuff, or sometimes I can just switch to another character and then back again, and it loads it back up.

Minor, but very annoying...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are working towards the full release as fast as we can. We had some setbacks bringing it online that have been previously discussed.

Producers and team leads go into sprint planning Monday to plan out what everybody is working on for the next sprint and based on where things are at and our current manpower.

It still boggles my mind that you guys decided to implement a PVP mode instead of finishing the core game...

Upvote 0

So you're planning on planning? XD
Stopped playing the game two weeks after the gunslinger got out because i was bored at the lack of content of KF2. KF2 is the only game i've ever payed for to play in early access because I trusted tripwire, who did such a nice job with KF1, releasing new free content for so long after the game got out.
Now I'm regretting it. Each new piece of content is SO LONG to come out.

Upvote 0
There is a split among specializations even with gameplay programers, we have some that work on player feel/functionality items (weapons/perks) and others who work more on overall experience (gametypes).

We lost one of our gameplay programmers who was working on perk skills and weapons and another who specialized in that area has been sick. We want to get Sharpshooter out just as much as the community wants to play with it.

Programmers who have been working on gametypes took a vertical slice of PVP and polished it off so we could trial it with the community for feedback and stats.

Upvote 0
I'm still just bashing my head against a wall trying to come up with a reason why PVP was implemented before sharpshooter....... Bleeding now, but I still got nothing.

Maybe that's because you're butting your head against a wall until it bleeds, as opposed to something like finding the information you're looking for.

PvP, microtrans and sharpshooter are made by different teams. The first 2 were also pre-planned and had footwork in long before, once again under different teams to the people who make sharpshooter. Priorities are good but in this situation "what comes first" is irrelevant as all are being worked on simultaneously by different people.

Upvote 0