• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server wont update

I updated the KillinFloor.ini to change the game length to 2 and restarted it, but it still shows the amount of waves as 7, not 10. No changes I make in KillingFloor.ini are showing up, even after I restart the server. What is the problem?
Maybe you've got something in the kf_server_launcher.bat ?
Otherwise try to use the webinterface to change it. Changing it there usually changes it properly - even if you restart the server.

Upvote 0
Even if I did not do it while it was offline, it should have accepted the new updates after restart. I changed the gamelength to 2 to make the wave length 10, but on the server, it still shows up as 7. I enabled map voting, but still, it does not show up on the server.

How would I update it if I did make the mistake of updating it while the server was online? I prefer not to use the webadmin or in-game.

Upvote 0
Even if I did not do it while it was offline, it should have accepted the new updates after restart. I changed the gamelength to 2 to make the wave length 10, but on the server, it still shows up as 7. I enabled map voting, but still, it does not show up on the server.

How would I update it if I did make the mistake of updating it while the server was online? I prefer not to use the webadmin or in-game.

No it won't. you have to consider the webmin interface goes first when the server is running. Also the ingame tools.

Once the serve is running the ini can only be edited ingame or with the webmin. Every change you make there is getting written over when a new round starts. As the Server doesn't load it but writes in it what is currently running.
Update the ini while the server is offline THEN start the server.

Upvote 0
For a remote, dedicated server.

Stop the server.
Download your killingfloor.ini file.
Edit your killingfloor.ini
Upload the killingfloor.ini (if you edited it with notepad be sure it didn't save the file as killingfloor.ini.txt)
Upload the killingfloor.ini
Restart the server.

The webadmin is very easy to use. And for quick changes and sandbox adjustments, its the fastest way. With the webadmin, players on the server don't get disconnected. You simply restart the map (or change maps) and all settings are saved.

Good luck.

Upvote 0