• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server browser should be top priority

FBX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
In my opinion, the biggest thing killing this game is the server browser. The reason? You hit refresh and nothing happens. So you hit refresh again. Then again. Finally, you see 4 empty servers.

Of course, if you hit it once and wait, the servers eventually show up, but if you hit refresh multiple times, often times servers that showed up in a previous refresh do not show up on a subsequent refresh.

Hitting refresh to see only a handful of empty servers makes the game appear dead. If you haven't played for a month or so, then come back to see that, its easy to conclude that the game is dead, then quit the game.

There aren't that many servers nor players in this game. I can think of several ways of implementing a server browser system that could be done with a single computer and a simple broadband internet connection. Whatever the current system does, doesn't work, and rather than worrying WHY it doesn't work for some people, just start over and get something that does work.

Mine is all messed up. It takes forever to load servers, and then when you hit the 'players' tab to sort ascending or descending, it defaults to the middle of the list so you always see empty servers (as only a very few are actually occupied). If I had not figured that out, I would have assumed the game was completely empty.

Not sure why it is still so messed up after all this time. Of all the issues in the game, the server browser seems like an easy fix.

Upvote 0
The server browser is all screwed up for me too. It often doesn't show any games online. Then another time it will show servers as being full of people, even when they arent. When it does work, the sorting of the browser always defaults to the middle of the list when I have done a search by player numbers, so I always have to then scroll to find where the players are at, which is where the program should be clever enough to know where it should go - to view the players at the top. When the server does work, I then occassionally have the random decision by the game to change the speed of my mouse so that it goes really slow - and I mean really, really, really slow, so I have to move the mouse up and off the table and lift it back on the table again several times. RO2 is just so bloody frustrating.

For a retail game to have been released now for 6 months, and to still not have a fully functioning browser, is inexcuseable. On the very rare occasion that I feel I want to give RO2 a try again, just to see if it has improved any with the latest patch, and for the first thing for me to be hit with is a broken server browser, which means I dont get into game anyway, indicates a game that is very shoddy, and has poor quality standards. The game is then instantly closed and dumped for another couple of weeks until I feel like trying it again. Meanwhile, of course, the feeling for the contempt of the game festers.

A server browser should be the slickest thing in the game. I always remember playing Payday the Heist shortly after a RO2 session, and the Payday menu system was so slick, and fast, and streamlined, and exactly how a menu system should work. Flawless for me every time. And of course the comparison is made instantly in my mind... " Why cant RO2 be like that?"

This game is broken for many people, and unfortunately TWI have totally dropped the ball, when it has come to fixing it for us.

Edit: I should also add, that when TWI dont even respond to threads on the forum here, it gives the perception that they dont give a toss either. A simple reply to a thread saying, "thank you guys, we werent experiencing this on TWI computers, but we will have a look into it...." would go a long way to repairing my opinion on the company.

Last edited:
Upvote 0