• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server boots, XP loss after disconnect.

GoddangGurnades

Sep 27, 2011
This happened a couple times on some random servers.

I would dominate as an MG gunner (8+ kills or so), only to get what i assume is the boot, where it sends me back to the server browser with a blank dialogue box and the "OK" button. Am i disconnecting or are these server admins really strict on how well you can do a round? This only happens when i go on a killing spree, so i assume it's the admins. In most other games an admin may just kill or warn you, but immediate booting is just ridiculous, and this happens on multiple 64 player servers. The thought that i can do well, but not that well in a game is disturbing.

This leads to the other problem. When you disconnect from a server if you are fed up with it, or no longer have time to play, all the XP gained from kills and objectives is lost. It is profoundly annoying to level a weapon or class, disconnect due to time restrictions, and find later that your level is reverted back as if you never played.

Happens to me.
It seems to be the default TKer boot (Auto kicks you from server after 3 TK's. Regardless how big time gap was between them as long as it was in the same match.

This needs to be changed to like 3 TK's in 90 seconds. And then it'll reset after 90 seconds.

I've been booted about a dozen times as MG gunner because some numbnut thinks it is a good idea to cross the MG's line of fire in a tight corridor. (Most cases it is a rifleman or assault with grenade in their hand) And since they move so fast compared to RO1, I cannot react fast enough on these situations and the teammate gets filled with bullet holes.

Upvote 0
The kick is for TK's (well it does look like it from what you describe) and you only get points awarded at the end of each round (it used to be the end of each match but was altered in the last patch)

So if you are kicked you wont get any experience from that round. Try to use a different class, you are obviously not to hot with the MG if your forever getting kicked for TK's

Go with a bolt, it may be hard for you at first and of course you get less over all kills, but you will become a much better player if you learn to use the bolt first. Being a player that gets into the cap zones and works as a team gets the most points anyway, you only get 1 point for a kill, 10 points (plus a bonus depending on how many cap the zone with you) every one you kill in a cap zone also gives you additonal team points and your class will progress far quicker

Upvote 0
Disconnects for other reasons do happen

Disconnects for other reasons do happen

For some reason, a few nights ago, TE-Pavlovshouse on a server I don't recall, had some connectivity problems. My connection dropped some 5-6 times during two matches, with seemingly same behavior as would be expected from a kick due to TK. However, I didn't have any TK's and reconnected back every time. The server is more intelligent compared to RO1, it keeps your points until end of round so I was rewarded with experience at map end - fortunately connection did not drop in crucial moments.

Upvote 0
The kick is for TK's (well it does look like it from what you describe) and you only get points awarded at the end of each round (it used to be the end of each match but was altered in the last patch)

So if you are kicked you wont get any experience from that round. Try to use a different class, you are obviously not to hot with the MG if your forever getting kicked for TK's

Go with a bolt, it may be hard for you at first and of course you get less over all kills, but you will become a much better player if you learn to use the bolt first. Being a player that gets into the cap zones and works as a team gets the most points anyway, you only get 1 point for a kill, 10 points (plus a bonus depending on how many cap the zone with you) every one you kill in a cap zone also gives you additonal team points and your class will progress far quicker

It's not every match, its possibly 1 every 10. I hadn't realized that TK's caused it, as W4lt3r said, it's damn hard when you have idiots running into your line of fire that often. I use different classes but find it more enjoyable to fill the lack of MG gunners in most games i play and support the numerous riflemen.
I get what your saying, but don't assume i'm a terrible MG gunner just because my team runs in front of my gun.

Upvote 0
I hadn't realized that TK's caused it, as W4lt3r said, it's damn hard when you have idiots running into your line of fire that often.

Yeah when I pull out the MG my teammates are like moths to the flame :/
If TKs are the source of your booting its doesnt help that there is a bug with forgiving TKs, so even if your teammate knew he ran into your fire and tried to forgive you, you would still be booted right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0