• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server automatically changing gamemode, difficulty etc.

Hey guys,

So I started a KF2 server which is regularly full of players.

For example, a normal Survival server: is set to hard difficulty and 10 waves (all in the config file on the server) it when I check back sometime later, the mode, difficulty, and length all are changed automatically. For example suddenly its on Weekly, Hell on Earth and 4 waves. How can I keep this consistent? Ofc I want players to be able to vote for the next map, but the mode difficulty and length should ALWAYS be the same.

Thanks in advance to any answers.

There are two possibilities here:
  • You have server takeover enabled. If this is on, players that are matchmaking can find an empty server and change it to what they desire
    • This can be disabled via webadmin or changing the .ini directly
  • You have competing arguments somewhere (either in the launch script, shortcut, or webadmin map change) and the game could get confused and swap between a few

Upvote 0
There are two possibilities here:
  • You have server takeover enabled. If this is on, players that are matchmaking can find an empty server and change it to what they desire
    • This can be disabled via webadmin or changing the .ini directly
  • You have competing arguments somewhere (either in the launch script, shortcut, or webadmin map change) and the game could get confused and swap between a few
Thanks for your answer. I can pretty much exclude the second options, I only change within the .ini usually. But I will recheck.

In what file can I find the takeover stuff?

Upvote 0