• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server serious server problems (linux) clients stuck at connecting after mapchange... (linux

stabalot

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2011
Last night or the night before i ran steamcmd to see if there were any updates for my servers.

It said it had to 'reconfigure' one file. after this now clients keep getting stuck on connecting after mapchange, when this happens i can't even get into webadmin it will just say waiting for.... in the status bar of my browser.

Looking at the server log it seems like the server will just close the connection of the player when they join when the mapchanges.
i don't see anything unusual in there which would be causing this.

the first map goes fine but after that usually the same problem will occur.

my server's just started to run smoothly for a day and now this happens.

i even did a clean install via steamcmd and copied over my custom stuff to the new folder but the problem will persist.

Has this happened to anyone else? does anyone know how to fix it?

i've turned off my servers for now i hope someone can help me so i don't have to close them permanently.

Thanks

Swer and Flame have this problems too.

Flame was solved this problem with handmade mutator. Mutator changed map if noone connect to server for a some time. But later this problem gone for Flame.. he dont know why.

Swer have this problem this day... he is deleting maps that hangup the server.

Flame say that on his server almost all maps hanged up, so only way for him was write a restart mutator.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying Dave.

This problem happens to me with every mapchange it doesn't matter what map i change too, even maps that used to work fine. When it happens i can't even get into webadmin to change the map it will just get stuck at waiting for IP... in my brower status bar.

I have did a fresh install, made brand new INI's and a new maplist but nothing seems to help. i removed custom scripts i added since around the time the problem showed up but this doesn't help either.

So i had to turn off my servers for now because ppl are only able to play the startup map.

I'd really appreciate it if you or anyone else could share this mutator fix so my servers will be playable until tripwire releases a proper fix.

Otherwise i will have to set up my servers again one of these days under Windows Server and i really don't want to do that because of the increase in resource usage.

Thanks

Upvote 0
still: any first map works fine, second map ppl fail to connect.

I really hope someone can help me, my server's been down for days now just as they started to get some players...
it would be much appreciated.

Command line:

Code:
./ucc-bin server KF-Deck16][-fix?AdminName=admin?adminPassword=XXXXXXX?VACSecured=false?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,edo_chute1.edo_MutChute,ScrnDoom3KFBeta11.Doom3Mutator,AdminPlus_v2_KF.MutAdminPlus,ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksmut,Moss12Mut.MutMoss12,KFWeaponStay.WepStay,weaponfix01e.weaponfix,DoshWeapon.DoshWeaponMut,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,XMASZombieFixMut.XMASZombieFixMut,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance ini=KillingFloor1.ini
INI File:

Spoiler!

can someone plz take a look at my configuration above and perhaps tell me what if anything could be wrong with it?
it used to work fine like this so i think it's the update that f*** my servers but perhaps something in the ini file could be wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had this problem turned out some maps worked some stayed at connecting, traced it back to a gun in my perks system ebeleive it or not, took it out and it worked , put it back and it didn't.

If you recently added some guns try removing them then adding 1 by 1 a PITA i know but could be that.

Or if you have any and gunpacks or perks etc..

Upvote 0