• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Searching for an offline player

Is this possible? I'm trying to search for someone on Steam but all I got was their nickname which GameTracker was able to pull off of my server.

I've searched the name on the Steam Community and doesn't get any results. Is there any other way I could pull the ID or would it have to be that I'll probably never see that player again?

Should also add, that the stupid Steam Add Friends feature is as useful as butter and not working while I'm in any server while on my laptop, yet it works fine on others. I'm going to assume there's no way to 'refresh' that list so I could see the players from the last hour or so?

Last edited:
How would I go about doing that? The Log button on my Game Server page, the one from my provider doesn't ever seem to have any logs to view.
It's been a really long time since I checked my server's files so I don't remember the exact name of the log file, but you need to connect to your server via FTP. I'll try to get a few screenshots later :eek:

Upvote 0