• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design sdk going really slow?

Cacahuate51

May 21, 2015
i was working on a map while playing another game at the same time and then it started to go real slow. so i quit the game to see if that would make it work normal again even though i always play while messing around with udk and it still didnt solve anything. i restarted the computer and im still having the same issue.

i made sure that my dedicated graphics card is being used on sdk and it is. if i press play in the editor i can move free without lag its just in the editor where it moves really slow and jumps to random places and isnt really usable.

i reinstalled the sdk to see if that would work. nothing.

I unloaded packages to see if that would work. Nothing

I tried copying everything to a new map. Crashed and when i finnaly got it to work it still ran slow.

I thought maybe i just added too many stuff in the map but thats why i always make sure to save lots of versions and the versions that used to not have any issues do now. (ps if someone can tell me how to join meshes if that makes it run faster then thatd be cool)

I have a virus scan (lol) going on to see if maybe that could be the issue but it hasnt found any errors yet.

I have deleted programs just incase if memory/ram was running out. Nothing

so any ideas why sdk goes really slow in edditing mode?

i don't have any groups in my map :/ but thanks for clarifying that groups makes stuff go slow

I just find it odd because if i press play from here or force play it runs really smoothly and i can go everywhere with no lag the only time it lags is when i exit the playing mode and enter the editting mode which unfortunatley is what i need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0