• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

A night in Eritrea...

anightineritreapm6.jpg

Upvote 0
Those FH2 screens look nice, now that's what I call a night map. Might try it out sometime. Cool screens guys.

It seems that everybody is in a retro mood lately. So allow me to post some old skool pwnage myself too.

Ghost Recon is so much better than Gay Warfighter. What the heck happened to Tom Clancy games? The original GR gives you a lot more freedom in tactics, the AI is better, it's more realistic, and more challenging. And the soldiers look much cooler.

Fourth mission... deployment in beautiful Georgia.
gr1.jpg

Other side of the bridge. After meeting some resistance, I order Bravo team to clear the left flank (left side of pic) while we move on to the village.
gr2.jpg

:cool:
gr3.jpg

Assaulting, meetings tons of angry Ruskies.
gr4.jpg

The result of about four M203's and much more bullets... village secured.
gr5.jpg

The NATO peacekeeper is safe. We link up and then go back to the extraction point.
gr6.jpg

Back at the bridge, we get ambushed by more enemies. A ~1-2 minute firefight ensues.
gr7.jpg

gr8.jpg

We kill the last enemy and win, mission accomplished =)

gr9.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The original Ghost Recon is just made out of epic, epic win.
Advanced crapfighter 1 and 2 dont come anywhere close, nor in feeling, nor in atmosphere, nor in gameplay. I have those as well, and i regret the day getting them, allthough crapfighter 2 is better then the first crapfighter...
But the health system is putting me off, and more then anything is the damn device that is pointing out enemies to you.
Talk about noobifying, jeez...
Also, why it is all in the same-looking dull city environment is beyond me. The original had quite a variety in scenarios.

And all the little details like the earth trembling when tanks are rolling nearby, or uniforms getting visibly wet when soldiers wade through water etc... Or the great sound effects, the raw bangs of riflefire are just great.

Upvote 0
Yeah, like Ghost Recon 2 and Summit Strike for the xbox, with Summit Strike being the better one out of the two. Not as tactical as GR1 but great action games nonetheless. Summit Strike even deserved the GR title in my opinion!

I have GR1 and Island Thunder for the xbox. Island Thunder seems to be overcolored (too saturated) for my tastes, but thankfull its easy to correct it by changing the TV settings. Apart from that they are both great games.
Didn't have problems with higher fog than on the pc (played GR1 on the pc too), but it did get on my nerves at first that you can't change the look sensitivity for some obscure reason. It works well until you want to pick someone off who is far away from you. I constantly over-aimed, even with that monstrous zoom you are given (same as in the pc version).
And this isn't a complaint from a pc gamer who was playing with a controller for the first time either.

Upvote 0
FH2 has that wonderful new game feel to it except I'm not a total noob as I usually am online with a new game.

My first bayonet kill. His crooked finger points to me as if to say "J'accuse!" or perhaps "Ich klange dich an!"
screen004cj0.jpg

Here I am having a little fun with the Bofors guns and keeping the skies safe for our tankers. Apparently I was having too much fun and keeping the skies too safe. (I was also kicked from the fireteam because the leader wanted only his clan buddies in it, in case anyone wonders why it says that in one of the pics).
screen011gg2.jpg

screen012fq5.jpg

screen013oy7.jpg

screen014in3.jpg

screen015nb2.jpg

screen017zr6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FH2 has that wonderful new game feel to it except I'm not a total noob as I usually am online with a new game.

screen017zr6.jpg

Hahaha, I love these kiddies who accuse of hacking and request banning after you've killed them 10 times in a row when they attack you in the exactly same way or just don't know how to play the game well. Makes me want to slap them around the ears. :D

Upvote 0
Hahaha, I love these kiddies who accuse of hacking and request banning after you've killed them 10 times in a row when they attack you in the exactly same way or just don't know how to play the game well. Makes me want to slap them around the ears. :D
I had this in a TF2 server the other day. Though, it was coming from a couple of 4chan frequenters (as noted by the tag they had), so I quickly learned to ignore them til they left.

Upvote 0