• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

434734b2e33a.jpg

Damnnnnn. Looks great. Is this the same mod that people waited on forever for Ofp?

Yes, ROHOS has some very steep competition, doesn't it?

Although I think TWI would classify this mod as hardcore realism--a step above what ROHOS is intended to provide.

Upvote 0
Considering that it runs on ArmA.... no, rohos doesn't have that much competition.

I'd rather say that ArmA doesn't have any competition. ;)
ArmA doesn't try to draw in players from the BF and CoD crowd, RO:HoS is trying just that (although in a limited way).

I like both games, ArmA for it's realism and incredible COOP awesomeness, RO:Ost for it's action and pubbing qualities.
Both games have their faults, ArmA is laughable when pubbing while RO:Ost is laughable in terms of tactical realism.

My perfect game would be a mix between RO:Ost and ArmA2. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd rather say that ArmA doesn't have any competition. ;)
ArmA doesn't try to draw in players from the BF and CoD crowd, RO:HoS is trying just that (although in a limited way).

I like both games, ArmA for it's realism and incredible COOP awesomeness, RO:Ost for it's action and pubbing qualities.
Both games have their faults, ArmA is laughable when pubbing while RO:Ost is laughable in terms of tactical realism.

My perfect game would be a mix between RO:Ost and ArmA2. :eek:

Well I don't know about that, I just replied to what Britney said ;)

I know I would like ArmA 1/2 (yes I bought the second one with the hope of improvements being done to movement) if it would have the same kind of fluid movement system like in RO, or any other game. That's my main beef with it.

Upvote 0

I know I would like ArmA 1/2 (yes I bought the second one with the hope of improvements being done to movement) if it would have the same kind of fluid movement system like in RO, or any other game. That's my main beef with it.

ArmA2 IMO has the best movement system there is.

Upvote 0

Same, also better performance. Runs like dookie.

Upvote 0
Same here, ArmA 2 runs pretty good for me except for the heavier missions but my pc is getting old anyway.
The movement feels great to me too by the way, moving through the environment feels really good. There are some hiccups in CQB sometimes, but those lie rather with the buildings than with the movement system.
Movement in and around buildings feels a lot better in OA than it does in ArmA 2 itself because the buildings are larger and have doors that are slightly wider.
But i like how people try to sidestep through a doorway with a rifle of say, 1 metre long with your body let's say, half a metre while the doorway itself is just a metre, after which comes a rant about the movement system sucking.
If you would put your weapon down you'd get through fine.
I usually take a step into the doorway putting my gun in the room and then move sideways so i dont have this problem.

Upvote 0
arma2 ran better than i expected on my e6420 and normal hard drives. Tbh arma2 is a game you shouldnt complain about it not running spectacular if you are running 3 year old hardware. Just because most games these days havent really progressed that much in terms of gfx and other demanding features mean that arma2 cant ask for more juice.

Upvote 0