• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scrake update...

theres making them a threat, and then theres making them be able to kill any1 without a chainsaw or shotgun on hard... normal mode is just, too easy. even with a bad team lol. Ever since the update, on hard mode, ive never seen any team win... its always lvl 7 we all die. And yes, we were all lvl 4-5's. 1 zerker, 2 supports, 2 medics and a firebug. :(

Upvote 0
theres making them a threat, and then theres making them be able to kill any1 without a chainsaw or shotgun on hard... normal mode is just, too easy. even with a bad team lol. Ever since the update, on hard mode, ive never seen any team win... its always lvl 7 we all die. And yes, we were all lvl 4-5's. 1 zerker, 2 supports, 2 medics and a firebug. :(

I think that's good.

Upvote 0
lol, I think its bad if the team works together and still dies from a fleshpound and scrake spawning at same time. like, a game is fun if you can win at least 50% of the time... if you get killed every time, whats the point?

Possibly learn to secure advatange over heroic actions of "hurr durr imma stopping flesh pound\scrake" ? Or how to disperse targets properly to avoid instant steamroll stacks where one scrake kills the entire team in one second?

Sure they are pretty alien concepts on public servers (and so is the following), but bit of coordination can do wonders.

Upvote 0
Possibly learn to secure advatange over heroic actions of "hurr durr imma stopping flesh pound\scrake" ? Or how to disperse targets properly to avoid instant steamroll stacks where one scrake kills the entire team in one second?

Sure they are pretty alien concepts on public servers (and so is the following), but bit of coordination can do wonders.

ehh, im not saying teamwork is bad (maybe you misunderstood)... im saying its bad if teamwork fails to keep us alive

Upvote 0
ehh, im not saying teamwork is bad (maybe you misunderstood)... im saying its bad if teamwork fails to keep us alive

Now don't get me wrong, but it should be pretty obvious if people are dicking around -> bad teamwork = everyone's ending up dead.

While it is quite major diffrence between pre-patch KF vs latest patch KF, the issue would be closer to the question how to enforce teamwork rather than one enemy simply being too strong. The way KF was allowed too much for dicking around yourself (especially as support perk) and yawning around and wanting more challenge (suicidal was only real exception), while the way it is now goes against that 'dicking around' style of gameplay some people have in their heads.

Upvote 0
I'm not liking the Fleshpound update, its pretty friggin annoying that when he auto rages he doesn't stop, because then everyone gets scared to shoot him and pull aggro against a rage pound.

Plus, for those of us WITHOUT a run/walk speed increase...its a game killer.

And for everyone who is 5 and complaining about being EZ-Mode, go play on Suicidal plzkthx. Some of us enjoy playing the game without some damn Firebug running by going LOLSOEASY because he's playing an entire difficulty lower than he should be.

The game should be balanced around pubs, not trained fire squads. This is flat out murdering Hard pubs.

Upvote 0
I'm not liking the Fleshpound update, its pretty friggin annoying that when he auto rages he doesn't stop, because then everyone gets scared to shoot him and pull aggro against a rage pound.

And for everyone who is 5 and complaining about being EZ-Mode, go play on Suicidal plzkthx. Some of us enjoy playing the game without some damn Firebug running by going LOLSOEASY because he's playing an entire difficulty lower than he should be.

The game should be balanced around pubs, not trained fire squads. This is flat out murdering Hard pubs.

I personally enjoy playing the game hard as possible, aka friendly fire servers / suicidal. Unless your playing on a friendly fire server I cant see the issue of the fps. :\

Upvote 0

I can vouch for this. I can't play a pub game on anything above Normal now because people simply get steamrolled. The gap between Normal and Hard used to be pretty steep, but now it's near-vertical. Normal pub games seem way too easy, while Hard pub games are usually doomed.

It's making it hard to find enjoyable pub games and I don't really have the time to seek out an organized, well-drilled team every time that I want to play...

Plus, even with an EXCELLENT team that had practiced the game since release, Hard is still harder than Suicidal used to be. Most teams will wipe easily simply due to a random Fleshpound and/or Skrake rage that gets them when they least expect it and springboards to other team members. And Suicidal is impossible now (Which it really should be, though!)

Upvote 0
Well, scrake is not really that much of a problem, I have found, but what really gets my goat is the random rage of the FP. :(
Random enraging is not a bad idea as such, but in my opinion it should have a maximum duration of some kind so it will calm down after a certain duration. It could be about half of the normal rage, and then drop down to zero aggro again, whether it hit a player or not. Or make its fellow specimens count as means to vent it's aggression. It doesn't seem to even notice steamrolling ten of its friends. :rolleyes:
It should lose aggro for all damage dealt, not just damage dealt to players.

Upvote 0

Actually, I've been having tons of fun on Hard mode with my rank 2 firebug. It seems that every specimen has a weakness now, and requires a certain perk to be effective against it.

From what I've seen:

Anything - Clots
Sharpshooter, Commando, Berserker, Support - Gorefasts
Anything- Bloats
Sharpshooter, Commando, Berserker, Support, Firebug - Stalkers
Sharpshooter, Commando, Support, Firebug - Crawlers
Sharpshooter, Firebug - Sirens
Sharpshooter, Support, Firebug, Berserker -Scrakes
The whole team has to focus fire the Fleshpounds

I noticed that Scrakes die really really fast when they're on fire. I think they have a bit of a weakness to it, or maybe being on fire makes a specimen take more base damage. I was on a hard- Offices map last night and it seemed that Scrakes would die in 1 or 2 sharpshooter crossbow headshots after I set them on fire. Either that or it could have been the fact that 2 or 3 people were focus firing the Scrake.

Either way, the new patch made the game a lot better. It really helps encourage team work, and making sure everyone does their job. Supports HAVE to weld doors, Berserkers HAVE to tank the big boys, Medics HAVE to heal, and Firebugs/Commandos are definitely encouraged to take out the trash mobs more.

Basically, think of this update as encouraging more team diversity. It's pretty rare to see a team that's composed of 2 perks being successful nowadays, and quite frankly I love it that way.

Upvote 0
Well, scrake is not really that much of a problem, I have found, but what really gets my goat is the random rage of the FP. :(
Random enraging is not a bad idea as such, but in my opinion it should have a maximum duration of some kind so it will calm down after a certain duration. It could be about half of the normal rage, and then drop down to zero aggro again, whether it hit a player or not. Or make its fellow specimens count as means to vent it's aggression. It doesn't seem to even notice steamrolling ten of its friends. :rolleyes:
It should lose aggro for all damage dealt, not just damage dealt to players.

I wouldn't mind seeing an internal cooldown applied to it. Maybe put a timer on it that increases the time between random rages the more it does it.

For example:

1 no damage rage => 15 second cooldown
if it rages immediately after that 15 second cooldown
2 rages => 30 second cooldown
3 rages => 1 minute cooldown

Make the timer have NO EFFECT on rage from damage, though. Fleshies should ALWAYS get pissed when people plink at them.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with scrake being able to charge, but the amount of damage he can take is too high. I agree with fredkruge, I like the idea of a team having to work together to take down a scrake, but as of now he can just plow through an entire team. Even if the team is working together to take down the scrake, everybody shooting at it, it will still take too much time to take it down and the team gets overwhelmed. Keep the scrake the same except lower his health so the teamwork is still required, but its not harsh.

Upvote 0