• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Saluting

Soldiers in Iraq Playing Practical Jokes

i'm glad to see my tax dollars are going a long way....but hey, at least that's one less port-a-potty to worry about!!! :rolleyes:

i'm wondering though from this video, what animation were you suggesting to be added? the taking a crap, pulling up/down your pants or jumping like a moron into a solid object in efforts to tip it over? :D

on topic, how difficult would it actually be for one to mod the animation and what would it be, a mutator?

Upvote 0
i'm glad to see my tax dollars are going a long way....but hey, at least that's one less port-a-potty to worry about!!! :rolleyes:

i'm wondering though from this video, what animation were you suggesting to be added? the taking a crap, pulling up/down your pants or jumping like a moron into a solid object in efforts to tip it over? :D

on topic, how difficult would it actually be for one to mod the animation and what would it be, a mutator?

just everything :D

Upvote 0
Speaking of custom animations and mutators:
SOTW%20%202008%20-%20Week%2045.jpg

"We have destructed the port-a-potty!"
"Damn, portapotty. is. down!"
"This is Two, taking command!"

Upvote 0
If they do it, its a handy bonus. Personally, I don't see it as a priority, far from actually. I rather have them spend the time and effort on other things.

Maybe some people should start to bring up more original comments then just repeat what the last guy said? Or read between the lines in why some realism players would desire the function? Or notice that not once there was a request for a Hitlersalute? Or should I assume that for this game the agebar has dropped to 6+?

Leave the fashists their thing and the Commies theirs. They dont bother you, do they? If they do just by the mention of their uniform or unit, for Gods' sake go play another game.
Otherwise, let them enjoy the game they see fit. I never see any of them flame clanners for their playstyle.

Upvote 0
Or notice that not once there was a request for a Hitlersalute?

surprisingly there was discussion about a "heil hitler" which might have been the source of the start of Soviet vs. German realism crap. actually, the OP started it by suggesting a pointless feature on the sole purpose of adding it for realism units....that just got both realism sides to bicker at each other.

people making the same comments to make the same point is not a bad thing or show of the lack of maturity or originality....would a yes/no vote be unoriginal because everyone is repeating what everyone else said? all it shows is that some people have the same opinions. in this case it seems that not many people approve of the addition of a "salute" feature on the sole basis that it is not realistic for combat situations and not needed in this game.....many have also said they understand why realism people would like for it to be a feature, but that it could come in the form of a special mutator. really no need for anyone to get their panties in a bundle

Upvote 0
oh yeah i could never believe those comments would have been from any member of an RO realism unit....probably just some kid who thought it would be cool to mention it and stir things up.

i bet somebody could make a mutator for it.....i'd imaging large realism units would have a great time using it during training seesions and award ceremonies etc...

Upvote 0