• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Russian Infantry Charges... Where are they?

Kavelin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2006
San Antonio
I was playing Snowy Forest, and our flanking actions failed so I Yelled Charge.
noone charged. Talking to all the really tactical people. YOU CANT STAY IN THE FOREST AND WAIT AND SNIPE!!!:mad: You people stay in the forest all the time and snipe that isnt tactics, thats gay! Charge them! Sure you'll take causallties but you'll atleast get into a defencive postion were you can actually be effective.

Camping and 'sniping' with a SMG is very noob, but still, 60% of the SMG'ers are doing it. OMFG. They have to charge while the MG'er and some riflemen cover for them while the squad leader is making a smoke screen. It aint that hard then to capture an objective.

Basic infantrytactics and basic teamplay are too much for most ppl in RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GiantHurtBall said:
meh...on my first round ever (wednesday) , i played russkies on krashny Okaybr (sp?) anyway, i just HAD to throw my nades then charge with my bayo while shouting "RAAAAAWR MOTHERLAND" ..and get hosed by SMG's :< but...sometimes i got me some stabby fun.
hehe
If you run into the train-station on Basovka you can mostly stab 2 or 3 ruskies, they always peek through the windows instead of their direct flanks

Upvote 0
I was playing snowy forest last night (think it was the fullmj server off the top of my head) and the germans were doing a good job of holding the first line of defence. After a while I managed to get around their flank and I stabbed two guys in the first bunker, another one in a shell hole next to the bunker and then I went for the next shell hole along with two germans in it and ended up dancing round trying to stab them until a friendly grenade shredded all 3 of us.

Good times :)

Upvote 0
It ****s playing MG on snowy forest when you get no support, I'll lay down massive amounts of cover fire expecting fellow comrades to run around behind me, flanking and capturing position but what will end up happening is I'll get 2 or 3 german kills then someone will run up behind me and bayo me while I change my barrel. You know it' bad when you get further using your pistol and being one the front of the advancing force thna you do when expecting teammates to move up under cover.

Upvote 0
Even on the defense on basovka I will attach my bayonet and with a mighty war cry charge up the trenches. It works great when the Germans have captured the AT trench and are moving towards the bunker with arty falling everywhere, the last thing they expect is some madman with his bayonet at the ready to come flying around a corner.

I stabbed 7 people in a row for one life the other night doing this, including the commander and another assault trooper. Then was getting about two or three stabbings to every death after that, you can even hurl your grenade sahead of you to instill fear in the enemy!!!

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Even on the defense on basovka I will attach my bayonet and with a mighty war cry charge up the trenches. It works great when the Germans have captured the AT trench and are moving towards the bunker with arty falling everywhere, the last thing they expect is some madman with his bayonet at the ready to come flying around a corner.

I stabbed 7 people in a row for one life the other night doing this, including the commander and another assault trooper. Then was getting about two or three stabbings to every death after that, you can even hurl your grenade sahead of you to instill fear in the enemy!!!

ye, works most of the Time...if you dont act like me *cough*

1.) gets bayo attached ...
2.) *charges*
3.) *shoots someone and reloads*
4.) *tosses grenade around corner*
5.) *rushs with bayo*
6.) *spotts 3 PPsH's*
7.) owh...feck *dies*

Its allways me charging SMG's :/

Upvote 0
Kavelin said:
I was playing Snowy Forest, and our flanking actions failed so I Yelled Charge.
noone charged. Talking to all the really tactical people. YOU CANT STAY IN THE FOREST AND WAIT AND SNIPE!!!:mad: You people stay in the forest all the time and snipe that isnt tactics, thats gay! Charge them! Sure you'll take causallties but you'll atleast get into a defencive postion were you can actually be effective.

yep. and some of the brilliant "idea" men around here are suggesting that a penalty for death be added in the scoring system. right. super brilliant. just wait to see the stagnant game play if that is implemented.

get up and cap the zones!! :D

Upvote 0
xtcalec said:
What we need is in the russian commands are:

1: If you retreat you will be shot!
2: OURAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
3: FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!!

that would be excellent i think, get people hyped up and intimidate us germanski when were defending in our trenches :cool:

I agree with all except #1, we dont want any CoD noobs tk'ing and wasting our reinforcements.

Also on another note we need comepletely new voices cause the ones we have now are really really un-enthusiastic. We need loud passionate voices

Upvote 0
Most players are allergic to the capzones. You already get 10 meaningless "points" for capping, in addition to a better chance of your team willing.

I'm guessing that even if TWI figured out a way for you to be pleasured by a beautiful woman every time you capped, people would still hang back.

This is why I always spawn as commander. I'm always in the capzone.

Upvote 0
I think that the obvious solution is to add the 'Commissar' class. If any of your teammates run away from the objectives, then you gain points from shooting them. If that isn't enough, then voice commands that question their sexuality/legitimacy of birth should be added.

While I commend the idea, NKVD class is so open to abuse its not funny :(

Upvote 0
is this a perhaps a reprocussion of free week? is there an overabundance of noobs that are still figuring the game out? or is this an ever present problem? i gotta say i have seen alot of weak play since the free week ended. for sure some of it is noobism. i have seen it in odessa latly, especially after finaly capping both the apt. and g-square as the allies. noobs dont know that dieing will gain u ground and the ability to ream from behind. they continue to lay about and fight. when they do die they seem to run back to the apt or g-square to deathmatch with whoever killed them. this kills the rush to the headquarters or tower. most of the time this puts the game at a stalemate ending in a german win. the same senario happens in alot of other maps. IMO i think the best way to deal with it is to try to watch what others are doing when u are dead and waiting to respawn. then if u see some fool way off someplace where he is doing the team no justice make it known to them over voice ip that they need to be somewhere better. if after a couple of friendly reminders i think that they dont want to take an active part in progressing the team forward i frag em. this usually gets them mad enough to unwittingly chase me into the cap zone...:D

Upvote 0