Russian Body Armor in 1943

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
Lol, one of them is completley in russian so I don't understand jack of it, but the others are interesting nonetheless.

Thanks partizan :D

Bolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2006
In the steppes of Crimea
Shisbr were highly trained assault infantry, specially designed to assault and defeat Germans in heavily fortified areas. They were using lots of captured panzerfausts for that purpose, they even made some "frame", where one could load several pfausts and fire them at one time (just like small Katyusha). They also used body armour, but not everytime - when they had to fight in urban areas, they did use it, but when they were assaulting, let's say, machine gun nest in the open field, they prefered to go without it.
Also, I remember reading (and the video told the same) that one soldier while fighting in trenches met German officer who shot all his pistol clip right in the chest and was horrified to see that the man is not only alive, but in few moments will crush his scull with the butt of his smg.

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
Could anyone tell me of any notable battles these ShISBR fought in? So far (from what babelfish has translated of the russian page) I only know for sure that they fought in Smolensk (hill 233,3) and Danzig...anywhere else?

Bolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 2, 2006
In the steppes of Crimea
Штурмовые бригады инженерных войск участвовали во взятии почти всех германских, польских и венгерских городов.

Which means that assault brigades of engineer troops participated almost in every battle for German, Polish and Hungarian towns.

Also, I just accidently found out that that body armour weighted ~12 kg.

Jhaxavier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2006
From what I heard the armor was highly effective up to the 9mm parabellum rounds from the MP40 and the german pistols (they bounced right off). I don't know it's effectiveness against 8mm mauser and other rifle rounds though :confused:

FatPartizan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2006
). I don't know it's effectiveness against 8mm mauser and other rifle rounds though

9mm para . 100 m or 50 m or 25 m ? I do not know. Everywhere different data.
8mm mauser and other rifle - Absolutely not effectively.

Nebfer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2006
From what I know it was a 2.5mm plate of Steal and was capable of stoping a 9x19mm parabelum at 100m.