• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I personally prefer to NOT toggle anything. I prefer to hold a key to run (right mouse forever since back in the Rainbow Six original days), hold a key for sights as well as crouching and being in the cover system (holding right-ctrl with the pinky works well since I'm an up-down-left-right arrow key gamer and not WASD).

I just hope we'll have the options to customize it how we like. No one is right/wrong here.

Upvote 0
I personally prefer hold everything. Hold sprint, hold crouch and hold ADS.

I can react a lot quicker that way because you don't need to tap the key/mouse twice. Just hold and then let go.

Well this is slightly different compared to toggle/non toggle because you press RUN once and to stop running you just let go of W, no need to press RUN again like you would if you was toggling aim/crouch etc

Not having to hold it down free's up that finger while you are running, so when your ready to stop and want to use your finger for a different button,you can do it a lot quicker than if you were holding it down.

Upvote 0
I am extremely bothered with games that has press once run. Even more bothered with "double tap forward to run"!

Agreed. I prefer to hold a button for everything.

If I'm pressing a button I want something to happen for as long as I press it, and to no longer happen when I stop pressing it.

Of course to each their own, so here's hoping the "key-bindings" screen is full of options. ;)

Reactions: RobfromEssex
Upvote 0
I don't think holding breath will be in the game since it isn't realistic.

By which I don't mean that you can't hold your breath in real life - I mean in real life holding your breath does not stop your body from making slight movements which affect your aiming. In RO you simply rest your weapon on a wall, or on the ground if you are prone to stop it from swaying, which is realistic.

Less realistic games use holding breath just as a mechanic to balance out sniper weapons forcing players to stop moving in order to shoot accurately just because they don't have any kind of system where you can steady your weapon by bracing it against the environment.

What?! Actually holding your breath to steady your aim has been a tactic used among marksmen for idk like a century? Read some material or something because this is definitely a realistic gameplay feature...

In regards to it not actually making your sights move and your body sway, that's true its not going to perfectly stop all body movements, but I was taught to squeeze the trigger during exhale, its definitely a technique.

OT - I much prefer holding the button to run, same goes with crouching, and aim down sight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Call of Duty has toggle run and I think I remember that Americas Army has double tap forward key to run. I dislike both, especially double tap forward.

So if Ro2 only had ''toggle'' or double tap W to run would that be ok ?

The point I'm trying to make is their should be a choice that's all, If no one know's the answer then that's cool, as previously mentioned by some one the ini can probably be tweaked,

I guess I'll find out around the 30th anyway :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What?! Actually holding your breath to steady your aim has been a tactic used among marksmen for idk like a century? Read some material or something because this is definitely a realistic gameplay feature...

Holding your breath isn't at all helpful when shooting. Relaxing and breathing slowly helps a lot but that is not the same thing.

Personally I don't see RO having a Press SHIFT to relax feature. In other games is very absurd that you make this huge and dramatic inhale that somehow steadies your aim and when you hold it for more than a few seconds you splutter and start hyperventilating despite the fact you're supposed to be in peak physical condition in the role you play in those games.

I'm 99% sure RO won't have any such breath-holding mechanic, especially since it has a realistic weapon bracing mechanic already.

Upvote 0
Holding your breath isn't at all helpful when shooting. Relaxing and breathing slowly helps a lot but that is not the same thing.

Personally I don't see RO having a Press SHIFT to relax feature. In other games is very absurd that you make this huge and dramatic inhale that somehow steadies your aim and when you hold it for more than a few seconds you splutter and start hyperventilating despite the fact you're supposed to be in peak physical condition in the role you play in those games.

I'm 99% sure RO won't have any such breath-holding mechanic, especially since it has a realistic weapon bracing mechanic already.

Although I don't have any war experience, when I am at the shooting range and I keep breathing I hit ****. When I stop breathing for 3 seconds I can get a clean shot off.
It's an extra (large) movement you have to correct for and I think just for a moment holding your breath before firing can make a lot of difference. This is especially true for long range iron sight shots.

As I said, I don't know in actual battles; but I don't see how suddenly the lung movement doesn't move your aim under adrenaline compared to relaxed conditions.

Upvote 0