• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC RPG projectiles 'whooshing' and disappearing

Vapid

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
As a Medic, my strategy is often to get in close to heal allies and then provide fire support from a distance, and recently I've been using the RPG a lot. Generally I have no problems with it, but I noticed that sometimes I will fire at something - the distance doesn't seem to make a difference - and the projectile will make a sort of 'whooshing' sound and nothing will happen. I'll lose the ammo, but there's no explosion or impact.

I know that those banshee screams can nullify projectiles, but I've been having this problem even before a scream, or even when no screamers are in the vicinity.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else had this problem? Is it random?

I have this problem while playing demo.

At least one missile per wave goes in nowhere. There's at least one spot on Outpost - the door at the trucks spot, where people usually camp. If you shoot at the left side of the doorjamb, the missile may just disappear, and it happens when there are no sirens, and you can actually see the projectile go in the doorjamb.

I'll try to get a screenshot of this spot later.

Upvote 0