• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Roadmap for the future?

If how Ostfront was handled after KF was announced is an indication, not much. Still, we don't know what RS team is up to and they might continue supporting RO2, or not.

Quote from TWI: PSA: AFTER THIS FREE WEEKEND, THE RO2 LOYALTY DISCOUNT FOR RISING STORM WILL NOT BE RETURNING.
ADDENDUM: You really want to have Rising Storm for some other things we are working towards. Lets just say there are some factions in Rising Storm and factions in Red Orchestra 2 that haven't met in battle yet.

Upvote 0
Quote from TWI: PSA: AFTER THIS FREE WEEKEND, THE RO2 LOYALTY DISCOUNT FOR RISING STORM WILL NOT BE RETURNING.
ADDENDUM: You really want to have Rising Storm for some other things we are working towards. Lets just say there are some factions in Rising Storm and factions in Red Orchestra 2 that haven't met in battle yet.

August Storm would be awesome. But it'd probably be US vs Germany. I would be over the moon if someone added the Commonwealth/ANZACS and did early war maps.

Also linux support would be great. Would probably mean I'd get completely rid of my windows partition. But that's really improbable I think.

Upvote 0
We are in the final stages of solidifying our next plans for RO/RS. I dropped the hint that TheMarshal posted before but I should be able to provide more detail "soon" (maybe).

Yoshiro-- imagine jumping on RO2 and picking a front in the WWII to fight in as a part of a larger campaign game, maybe its in Asia, North Africa, or Europe, for example. Then imagine you are in a unit of that nationality with a limit of reinforcements and equipment in that fight. Then imagine all the RO players in the world playing together in all of these different units and fronts, and that these fronts continue on as players come and go.

This is the type of thinking I wished TW would have engaged in.

Upvote 0
RO2 is usually well balanced when there isn't a axis teamstack going on :rolleyes:

You-dont-say.jpeg

Upvote 0