• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
the ultimative Red Orchestra plan!

1*support RO2/rising storm for a little bit longer
2*release killing floor 2
3*make millions of dollars ;)

...and then for the next Red Orhestra game

1.move to unreal engine 4

2.hire talented modders and mappers like dibbler67,Panzer Jager '43,azz...(sorry if i skip some of you :eek:)
*use the IOM mod as a early alpha/prototype/test range...some of the stuff in it is :cool:-like the dynamic movement -its still kinda broken but hey,it can be fixed,and the new weapons are also awesome.

3.return to your roots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aRxEpIfew
(one game mode only,not "realism"not classic mode ,a proper hardcore Red Orhestra mode)

4.skip the unlock/prototype/perk,level up bull****(keep the visual character progression)

and then together,we will make the greatest Red Orchestra game of all time,that will leave a mark on the gaming history,as as one of the best hardcore-teamwork-realism games ever created.:cool::IS2:

Upvote 0

I completely agree with this.

My first hope is that KF2 makes so much money that TWI isn't under financial pressure to both release RO3 too early and to make gamey compromises just to get as many sales as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love to see them have the time and freedom to make a truly unique game catering to those who appreciate it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement in 2015 that they're working on it, but release is years off.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

Cryin' out loud. We're just now starting to see some of the improvements and expansion of this game that we've been howling about for two years. I really don't see a need to gut the interior when the paint is barely dry from the last remodeling job. Let's get a few more maps out for H o W instead. We've just reached a stage where we now have about 40 decent custom maps. We want to hurl all THAT out and start over? Really?

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

Cryin' out loud. We're just now starting to see some of the improvements and expansion of this game that we've been howling about for two years. I really don't see a need to gut the interior when the paint is barely dry from the last remodeling job. Let's get a few more maps out for H o W instead. We've just reached a stage where we now have about 40 decent custom maps. We want to hurl all THAT out and start over? Really?

I am for that with both hands if RO3 will become realistic game without 100% same weapons on ALL maps of ALL periods, without stupid progression which gives you NO recoil and supression at lvl100 and other things that we removed/fixed in IOM.

Upvote 0
Please, please, please do not release RO3 with only two vehicles. Either have as many (roughly) as RO1 did, or simply stick to being an infantry shooter (which, for the sake of balance, RO2 is a fantastic example of).
They should make it with many vehicles with infantry on same maps, like old school Battlefield, not the joke that the new battlefields are.

Why would you want an RO3? Who would want to wait another 3+ years to get the amount of content we have now? It's not like RO2 is showing its age greatly
It is kind of showing its age, this unreal engine currently used is old, and does and barely uses 3 threads/cores on CPU. For those with high end hardware which Im sure by now most of the world does even with a 500$ PC. The new unreal engine is the bosss for that, from what I read by default it uses 10 threads and can do hundreds if the programmer decides to allow so. New unreal is the engine of the future and I suspect it to be the next king of benchmarking. Just go look at it, LOOK AT IT. Nothing can match it. Dont forget about video cards, New Unreal uses latest OpenGL which has all the features and better then anything DirectX or Mantle. It runs better and best of all is not tied to windows which means you can run on Linux without wine or performance loss. And as for Mantle knowing AMD, they should work with tripwire to make mantle API for new game, But hey with OpenGL might not even need it.

1*support RO2/rising storm for a little bit longer
2*release killing floor 2
3*make millions of dollars ;)

...and then for the next Red Orhestra game

1.move to unreal engine 4

2.hire talented modders and mappers like dibbler67,Panzer Jager '43,azz...(sorry if i skip some of you :eek:)
*use the IOM mod as a early alpha/prototype/test range...some of the stuff in it is :cool:-like the dynamic movement -its still kinda broken but hey,it can be fixed,and the new weapons are also awesome.

3.return to your roots [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5aRxEpIfew[/URL]
(one game mode only,not "realism"not classic mode ,a proper hardcore Red Orhestra mode)

4.skip the unlock/prototype/perk,level up bull****(keep the visual character progression)

and then together,we will make the greatest Red Orchestra game of all time,that will leave a mark on the gaming history,as as one of the best hardcore-teamwork-realism games ever created.:cool::IS2:

I disagreee with 4, sorry comrade :D I know you hate level ups too, but im used it from old school battlefield. Last game I played that didnt have level ups was old Counter STrike and to be honest I like the level up and unlock system better.

Upvote 0
Remember Ostfront's release? Even though crawling animations were already in RO CA's source files, Ostfront's came with less content than RO CA did.
All the content like uniforms and vehicles were greatly custom made.
RO2's release was worse because RO2 uses another engine and nothing could be used from previous work. RO2 was advertised on the gamescom 2008 as THE most realistic WWII FPS ever, yet so many things that were asked for by the community were left untouched or stopped at a very early level. Look at the bugged sniper capes for example. Full Body Awareness was deemed too much work and the CoD and BF unlock and rank-up system was adapted rather than keeping RO the special thing it was. Then with the game of the year edition that bummer called "Action Mode" was introduced. I was playing it to play the then new Mamaryev map. Otherwise I would have never played RO with crosshairs.

I know that Tripwire is a small team but nonetheless believe in publisher's promises and you fall deep if you do. RO2 since its release 3 years ago is fun because a lot of work that should have already been in there believing the promises is finally in.

RO3 would mean having 10 maps, most of them imbalanced, 3 player models, two vehicles and some 15 weapons IF they again do not listen to their community and do their thing.
Employing skilled community members would deal with this for sure.

Upvote 0
Remember Ostfront's release? Even though crawling animations were already in RO CA's source files, Ostfront's came with less content than RO CA did.
All the content like uniforms and vehicles were greatly custom made.
RO2's release was worse because RO2 uses another engine and nothing could be used from previous work. RO2 was advertised on the gamescom 2008 as THE most realistic WWII FPS ever, yet so many things that were asked for by the community were left untouched or stopped at a very early level. Look at the bugged sniper capes for example. Full Body Awareness was deemed too much work and the CoD and BF unlock and rank-up system was adapted rather than keeping RO the special thing it was. Then with the game of the year edition that bummer called "Action Mode" was introduced. I was playing it to play the then new Mamaryev map. Otherwise I would have never played RO with crosshairs.

I know that Tripwire is a small team but nonetheless believe in publisher's promises and you fall deep if you do. RO2 since its release 3 years ago is fun because a lot of work that should have already been in there believing the promises is finally in.

RO3 would mean having 10 maps, most of them imbalanced, 3 player models, two vehicles and some 15 weapons IF they again do not listen to their community and do their thing.
Employing skilled community members would deal with this for sure.

Please do not use the letters COD, that is the most n00b game ever.

Upvote 0