• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: let me go prone easily!

a_gunslinger

Apr 16, 2006
The ability to go prone and just drop without having to scootch over a little by a wall or other object (evne though Im still a foot from the object) would be awesome. Currently I can be by a wall or object, take fire, need to drop but cant - "Cant go prone here". Scootch over a little and rop - Cant Go Pron Here. Too late - dead ;) I realize you cant go prone on a barrel or box but in real lie if my shoulder is touching a wall of object and I drop prone, I go prone. Its not realistic (and frustrating) to not be able to go prone unless you ar eprogramatically X distance from a drawn object in the game.

Worst case of this is when the only thing showing is an enemies gun but none of his body, he can shoot you but you can't shoot him depending on the angle. In most case, you will always need to have the high ground to even have a chance in shooting him.

This happens heaps on Mamayevkurgan where people set up on a little hill, proning with a MG. All you see is the upwards facing MG that is aiming up at the sky, and he fills you full of lead.

Upvote 0
I think I would rather have the current finicky prone system than have enemies see my weapon/feet clipping out behind a wall and then either shoot my exposed feet or come around the other side and then shoot me.

Why not a compromise??? When it is possible to go prone safely narrow down the limitations....... right now its too wide.

Upvote 0
Worst case of this is when the only thing showing is an enemies gun but none of his body, he can shoot you but you can't shoot him depending on the angle. In most case, you will always need to have the high ground to even have a chance in shooting him.

This happens heaps on Mamayevkurgan where people set up on a little hill, proning with a MG. All you see is the upwards facing MG that is aiming up at the sky, and he fills you full of lead.
you're talking about a reported bug. i hope they are fixing it.
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=80674[/URL]

Upvote 0
I think I would rather have the current finicky prone system than have enemies see my weapon/feet clipping out behind a wall and then either shoot my exposed feet or come around the other side and then shoot me.

I agree with you 100%.

Also, if you are one of those unfortunate players who are having trouble going prone near a wall, I have a tip for you: face your body parallel to the wall so that your body

Upvote 0

That is a known bug and TWI is looking into it last I knew or heard. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hadn't they actually fixed that LMG bug in the latest beta? I was playing around with a few bots and I noticed that they were now moving around the Bipod and were visable when shooting at me around windows / over windows.

Then again, I might have been imagining it. Anyone else got any experiences with it so far?

Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0