• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2: HoS singleplayer

Tripwire team. This is your product. But It's my copy of RO2 that you've removed a feature from.

Okay so RS doesn't have single-player. Fine. But I don't have the product I purchased at full price in mid 2011.

Be more forth right with information.

"It will be a separate application, its not there yet apparently, but I assume it should be there pretty soon. (i have no info whatsoever so this is just an assumption)."

This is a poor excuse for a professional company giving information on it's product.

For the good of your own existence. Pull your socks up!

Give us official information, to put our investment with your product, at ease.
You might be a small company( but it's no excuse).

Upvote 0
It came out as a seperate application 2 hours after my post.

The reason for splitting it up was that a lot of the multiplayer fixes and updates ended up breaking the singleplayer campaign. For that reason it was decided to split the singleplayer off to a seperate app (like a lot of games do). So that it remains functional even with multiplayer patches etc.

Upvote 0
I was having this issue too. When you say it came out as a separate application, do you mean in the steam library or in the Rising Storm expansion?

Help

Thanks
it's in your steam library. RIGHT-click on your Ro2 in your games list and pick view downloadable content. it should show Red Orchestra 2 single player.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Curious what the go with achievements for this are now, as the single player has all the campaign ones but they still exist in the multilayer as well.

I have never been able to get the SP ones, they just wouldn't unlock, so it's a blank slate for me. hoping they work now (haven't had a chance to try) but be kinda annoyed if I can never get all the MP ones now...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's in your steam library. left-click on your Ro2 in your games list and pick view downloadable content. it should show Red Orchestra 2 single player.

Downloadable content is there, but no mention of SP is in my games list as seen in this screenshot:

ro2.jpg

I purchased the Digital Deluxe version after I installed RO2 from a disk the previous day. It has since uninstalled or blocked access to any single player whatsoever. This is a fiasco on your company's part as evidenced by the numerous threads on this very subject. It makes me not want to buy any other Tripwire Interactive games in the future.

wall.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Downloadable content is there, but no mention of SP is in my games list as seen in this screenshot:

I purchased the Digital Deluxe version after I installed RO2 from a disk the previous day. It has since uninstalled or blocked access to any single player whatsoever. This is a fiasco on your companies part as evidenced by the numerous threads on this very subject. It makes me not want to buy any other Tripwire Interactive games in the future.

wall.gif
sorry. I meant to SAY, RIGHT-CLICK on the game. then left-click on view downloadable content. then you'll see the single player.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see the single player under the DLC, but I can't lauch it from there correct? Well anyway, when i launch it from my games library it goes dark like i said.
no you can't launch it from that tab. it needs to be installed and launched from the games library. wish I knew why it's going black. did you delete the config files before you re-verified the cache?

Upvote 0
No SP shows even in the downloadable content menu as seen in the following pic. You can see that there is no SP shown in my games menu (there is supposed to be 3 different game launch icons and I only have 2).

I installed the game from a DVD and should not have to download anything else, just patch it if necessary, yet I do not even have that or anything that states to install the SP.

steamgames1.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok to get some information:

Can you guys run the RO2/RS multiplayer or does the issue happen to both the SP and MP portion?

How did you download it, personall I simply see saw it together with all not installed games, i didn't download it through the workshop or anything. Perhaps there are more ways to download with one being wrong.

If you run a multimonitor setup make sure your setting files are correctly Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2SP\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini and make sure you have ResX and ResY set correctly

Make sure you run the game in dual core, it seems that on some systems cores can be disabled or auto assigned in a different way that sometimes causes the game to be started in single core which will give a pure black screen as well.

Upvote 0