• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 for Linux

Can't remember where I read this, but I think the main problem is the UE build tripwire has for RO2 does not have alot of the components that allow for GNU/Linux support which is in current versions of UE.

I think a game as moddable as RO2 would very much benefit from GNU/Linux support because you tend to find alot of computer savy people using the system, and they like tweaking things. Knowing that tripwire I don't think would ever make an unmoddable game, they should consider making it part of the plan for future games.

Also, and I hope this is taken as constructive critism, a more data driven model of programming would help make modding the game alot easier and more customizable
Ex: not having skins hardcoded in GameInfo files.

I guess their could be reasons for this but my 2 cents, thats all.

Upvote 0
If perchance tomorrows Steam announcement includes a controller that does away with the inaccuracies of analog sticks that will be bundled with Steam Machines it would be downright nonsensical for TWI to not port to SteamOS and thus Linux and potentially miss out on a lot of new costumers in 2014.

One way or another, I think the SteamOS and machines news will make more people than TWI reevaluate their stance on Linux ports.

Upvote 0