• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Demo Recording?

teemu92

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2011
Finland
www.youtube.com
Will RO2 feature properly working demo system, in RO1 & KF when i record a demo, on both of the games the weapon models wont show AND there is a 25 framerate cap, wich is UNACCEPTABLE for movie making.

Since i am planning to make alot of video from RO2 demo recording is important to me, 1 playing with fraps recording would ruin it, 2 when i would record from demos i could only take the parts that i would want not the whole game session.

1 More thing it would need is a way to record your demo, the source engine games have it and also cod, called avidemo it takes a certain amount of screenshots per second lets say you do /cl_avidemo 120 while watching your demo, you use that to record your footage, when done you insert all the screenshots you took into a program like virtualdub, set the frametate to 120 (what you recorded in) and the program would make the screenshots into a fluid 120 frames per second .avi video with perfect quality & no fps drops that you would get with fraps.

That would be essential for moviemakers like me and probably many others.

I hope TWI fixes the demo system for this game, i would love it :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
In call of duty 2, you just had to type /record in the console to start recording and /stoprecord to stop recording.

It was as simple as that, and to watch them, you just had to type /demo demo name...

Such an easy system would be nice in RO, i just hope there won't be any frime rate limit :/

Upvote 0
In call of duty 2, you just had to type /record in the console to start recording and /stoprecord to stop recording.

It was as simple as that, and to watch them, you just had to type /demo demo name...

Such an easy system would be nice in RO, i just hope there won't be any frime rate limit :/
Yeah man, cod had a nice and simple way to do it.

Upvote 0
Isn't this the 3rd demo thread now?

Okey, what I've explained before:

-I heard demos in ut3 are fps independent. Means you can record with 30fps and later play them back with as many as you want. Might be that it's a feature related to rypelcam though.

-Tripwire said they will look into 1st person weapons

-You can set the fps, demos are recoriding at, in the ini (at least that's how it is in ostfront)

Upvote 0
Proper demoreccing and a proper spectator mode is something this game needs a whole lot, for entertainment like making vids, but especially for the competitive side. Streaming matches is not as entertaining with the current spectator mode, as you cannot properly spectate in 1st person, and demorecs, well, everyone knows how important they are, the current server demorecs are not nearly enough and they lack the proper spectate mode as well..

I -very much- hope TWI would improve these things, and soon, not in a year's time.

e. You might be interested in checking this topic out http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=92616 It has talk about proper spectate mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0